Diffrent ram types

• Mav06
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Mav06

Post 3+ Months Ago

i was wondering if you can have to different manufactures of ram like kingston and corsair same speed and same size but different manufactures
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Xel02
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Xel02

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yup definitely. It's quite common in fact, but some people have preferences over different brands. Also different brands also have better quality.

For example a run of the mill generic chip probably won't work as well as a Kingston or Corsair chip during benchmarks. However for normal day to day usage most people don't notice a difference.

If your a gamer or running a server on the other hand, the type or RAM and manufacturer does come into play.
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

My 3 ram sticks are all different brands (KingMax, Kingston, Corsair), and 2 are 266MHz even though my mobo only supports 133MHz. They function together like clock work though.
  • XDUDE
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Colorado, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

u can have different types.....but some types of ram can have problems running with other brands...so before u buy different ram types make sure they well work with each other..but if u can try to get all the same types,despite what people say they do run better working with each other if they are the same type...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts