Digital Camera Frozen???

• Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a little POS camera that isn't working right lately. It seems that almost everytime I take a picture it freezes up and I have to remove the batteries to turn it off. I have a 32mb smartmedia card in it that doesn't lose data when I cut the batteries to it normally, but when it freezes up it deletes all of my pics. It is a Concord EyeQ Duo 2000 2.0 MegePixel....

Anyone have any ideas whats going on with it??? Any body have any similar problems with digital cameras??
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• rjstephens
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Check the batteries. If that doesn't help, you could do what I'm about to say but I recommend you don't do it.

You could take the camera apart and clean out the dust on the inside. I don't know whether or not it would help, and you would have a good chance of damaging the camera. SO I don't recommend you do it.

Is it still under warranty? IF so, make a claim.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I agree, check that you have fresh batteries. If that doesn't work, if it's still under warranty, get it repaired/replaced.

If it's not under warranty and you have to pay out of your own pocke, it's probably going to work out cheaper to buy a new camera than to have this one repaired.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm.....I would rather buy a new one than try and take it apart......I am still trying to get a new one from my mom.....we have 3 olympus e-10's at our store but we only need 1 at a time and 1 for backup.....ergh!

Thanks though guys!
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you've got three $2,000 digital SLR cameras (albeit with a single fixed lens), why even worry about a $100 point n' shoot? :)
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't personally own them....so my parents are but-tight about letting me use 'em.....
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

ahhh... well, if I were you, I'd tell 'em to sell the three Olympus, get four Nikons, and let you have one of 'em ;)
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try another memory card but it looks broken to me unless your manufacturer or camera shop would know how to reset it.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got one of the olympus's! yay!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts