Diverting RAM. Please help!

• Romanstandrd
  • Born
  • Born
  • Romanstandrd

Post 3+ Months Ago

So yeah... I am the leader of a clan for the game Total Annihilation. It came out in 1997 so naturally you'd think it didn't tax computers very much. And you'd be right. Except, now we've hacked the original game so hard in the face, that now we do have trouble with it crashing. After consulting my dear friend google, I found a website that said I should divert more RAM to the game. Yes, well is that possible? And would it hurt my poor baby computer? I just need this game to stop crashing just because a few (hundred) capitol starships blew up at the same time on the screen...

My specs:
256MB Video Memory
1GB RAM
Dual 3.4 GHz Processors
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

i would say the bug in in the game and the backbone of the game cant withstand the new programing
  • lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is it a DOS game?
  • Romanstandrd
  • Born
  • Born
  • Romanstandrd

Post 3+ Months Ago

No, it's not. And I think that diverting RAM would help, if it's possible. I found documents that showed how much more RAM it took for bigger map sizes (and the map this happens on is massive) and I'm assuming the same is true for more and larger units/animation. When I look at the CPU usage, only about 30% or so even gets used by the game, and the rest goes to system idle. So could I use some of that to support the game?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts