Does this seem hot to you?

• Code_alchemist
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Code_alchemist
  • Loc: Manchester

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a Laptop (Acer Travelmate 7530G) with an AMD Athlon X2 GL-64 2.10Ghz CPU.

I've had a couple of core overheating issues before but now I'm asking you if you think this is a tad too hot.

Running in balanced power mode, the CPU sensor reports an average of 85-96 Celsius (185-205 Fahrenheit) on both cores.

P.S. Does anyone know of a way I can do a manual override of the laptops CPU fan?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

When is the last time you had the laptop serviced or attempted to clean out the exhaust duct with compressed air ?

The first thing I would do if I were you right now is determine my laptops model number, then see if I could find a schematic of the laptop online that shows me where all of the ducts and fans are. That way I would know if it's possible to clean the ducts without opening the laptop.

Laptops tend to have heatsink grilles with narrow spaces between the grille blades that are designed to maximize the cooling ability of the grilles, but also make a good dust collector. It doesn't take long for a fingernail thick layer of dust to build up on the intake of the grille and impede the flow of air.
  • Code_alchemist
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Code_alchemist
  • Loc: Manchester

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your input.

I have already opened the laptop up and used compressed air to get any dust out of places that might collect it.
(I don't mind opening it, as I plan on some major modifications)

The grille also was cleaned. (though there wasn't really any dust there to begin with really)

I really am at a loss to think what's going on.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you been able to find documentation with numbers for the min/max operating temp for your processor ?

I looked earlier today, but I can't find anything definitive for your processor. I can say that I've seen numbers for the max operating temp of AMD processors being as high as 95 degrees C though, which would put you right on the edge there with yours.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts