2 Dsl in one Line?

• alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well my brother has a dsl and its a volume based one with 2gb volume. Its speed is very good and he doesnt download alot so its okey for him. Unfortunately its not good enough for me and i always finish up his volume so he always has to pay extra to get more. I was wondering if i could get another DSL connection on the same telephone line for myself? Is it possible?
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I doubt it but you'll have to call the telco to be sure. They will probably offer some sort of upgrade.
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well upgrade is not an option. Here in pakistan DSL is expensive. I want unlimited downloading because i download a hell lot. My brother has come from america and he is working from the internet. So he needs a good speed for that. I was kinda hoping you could get 2 dsl in one line so that i can have my own private dsl. Im ready to compromise speed to get unlimited downloads but he cant.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, what about cable service? Does it exist there and if it does, how much does it cost?
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeap it does. Its pretty good and much cheaper then dsl. The problem is i had the cable 2 months ago. But then i had a fight with the cable operator .. Lol. So i got it disconnected. He was giving good speed at very low prices.

Maybe ill just have to use the net a little less ... :(
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe you can resolve your differences with the cable company. That would be the best thing to do.
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its not actually a company though. Its like this, some guy in our area gets a very very good high speed dsl or anyother sort of high speed internet access and then he sort of creates a LAN in our area and connects all the computer and shares the internet access between them. Its different how things work in here :).
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, then let me go back to my cable question? Is there a cable service, as in a cable TV provider?

What was the argument between you and that guy?
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

You could move to somewhere with a better internet connection. Just kidding of course, but I know I'd do it.
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

It sounds foolish but thats how things work here .. The local cable guy was just showing attitude because he provides good speed at cheap rates. I could get speeds upto 50kilobytes per second download speed and i was paying half of what im paying for dsl right now. And this dsl is volume based AND the max download speed i get is 32 kilobytes per second. He knew his service was cheaper and better and he was always just giving me attitude of his which i didnt like. So i got rid of his cable.. I dont like people giving me their attitude.

Moving somewhere is a good idea though :D .. I would have been moving to england for Graduation if my parents had the money .. I got offers from warwick and Manchester but i cant finance them.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm confused about something. In two posts, you called him a cable guy. In another post, you said he was a DSL guy who bought extra bandwidth for resale. Which is it?
When I asked about cable, I meant a cable TV company that also offers internet connections. Does one exist? Please be clear this time.
  • ynyfrik
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ynyfrik
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would just upgrade the DSL package, it would be a whole lot cheaper plus you can limit your download speed for your computer, I think.

How about a Satellite?
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

They cable guy actually has good internet connections which he shares in the whole area. I dont know how it works but once he had told me that he got 512k connection now and he has shared it on the network and people will get more speeds.

Cable TV exists, Cable tv with Internet also exists too .. Unfortunately not in my area :D. Its only available in a few areas at the moment.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

If cable TV and internet are not available in your area, why do you keep referring to that guy as "the cable guy"?
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The best way to get two DSL lines to one house, which it seems more of what your main goal is right now, is to buy another phone line.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts