Dual monitor help

• Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, I just got my brothers old monitor, a 15 in LCD Sony. I want to do a dual monitor setup with my 19 in. ViewSonic monitor. I want to use my ViewSonic on 1600 X 1200 and the Sony at 1024 X 768. I have been messing with settings, but i cant do it with the standard software. I know that there is a way, but i don't know how. If anybody knows of some software or something i can do please let me know.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge
  • Loc: nashua nh

Post 3+ Months Ago

what type of graphics card do you have if you have ati you can set what resolution each moniter by cright clicking the ATI symbol next to your clock go to setting then go to ATI display setting

if you have a GE-force im not sure wat u would do
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah, i have a geforce fx5200.
  • SSH-Raj
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

normally you right click the desktop click settings then click the monitor you want to change and change the setting to what you want for each. i have three monitors setup on this pc. 1280x1024, 1024x768, and 800x600 (each monitor on my system is at their limit)
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm, i tried that, when i do that it changes both monitors up to 1600 X 1200 and makes it show more that the 15 in can. It scrolls.
  • SSH-Raj
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

i believe you are using one video card with two outputs right? i suggest you get another cheap pci video card and stick it in there. that way you can run it at what ever res that5 card will handle. it wasn't the monitor that was scrolling it would be the video card.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts