Dual Monitor Question

• PolishHurricane
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I currently have a primary monitor with an extended desktop. However I was hoping I could play my game on one monitor and have my entire desktop (with toolbars) on the other. Is that possible, even if I have to buy another vid card?

Right now the only way I can do that is if I put my game into windowed mode on view it on the extended one, but it just looks horrid.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• pood
  • pood

Post 3+ Months Ago

buying another video card won't help, unless you want to do SLI, but that just gives you better frames

You'll have to stick to window mode, if it looks like *plum*, then it's probably your system is slow/crappy video card. Or maybe the game isn't made for windowed mode.
  • PolishHurricane
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, currently I can play my game fine and have my desktop extended. I was just wondering if I could get toolbars on my extended also and be able to force drag my mouse outside of games that don't support it. Anybody know of a program that forces the mouse to move offscreen while in a game?
  • Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: 404

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am able to do that with 2x 9800 GT cards in sli. You need to get the nTune addon to the nVidia control panel to set it up. And both monitors must be connected to the same card for dual screen. In the windows settings use "extend my desktop to this monitor". to run the game you need to run it windowed then move it to the other screen then fullscreen it. and you can't leave the window without alt+tab even then - but your desktop will be visible in the other window all at the same time as the game.

note - this is probably possible with one video card. all my 2nd card does is anti-aliasing
  • PolishHurricane
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I have it setup like that with ATI (1 Card), however I was just hoping there was a program where i could just move the mouse in game over to my other monitor WITHOUT alt-tabbing & minimizing. Just move the mouse off to the side while gaming, because the game doesn't require the mouse for movement in-game. I know some games allow you to do this normally with no modifications. I need a program kind of like the program "Mouse Jail" (which forces your mouse in-game) except the reverse concept, forces your mouse outside of game and lets it back in.
  • roarono
  • Born
  • Born
  • roarono

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would also like to know how to do that because I'm playing full screen games on one monitor(Which I don't know how to force it to be window mode) and then when I move my mouse over to the other monitor and click on the desktop or w/e, the game just minimizes. Anyone know how to make it so I can play a full screen game on one screen then do something else on the other without the game constantly being minimized? xD

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts