dual monitors on pci slot

• ssbenss
  • Born
  • Born
  • ssbenss

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have 2 moniter cards on my computer. a pci one and one built-in. is it possible to get both of them to work at the same time?

if so can someone tell me how?

i tried the dual monitor thing on windows website but the second monitor isnt showing up it just looks like this

• Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Probably because the BIOS disables the onboard video when it detects another video card. Try entering your BIOS and see if you can enable your onboard video.
  • ssbenss
  • Born
  • Born
  • ssbenss

Post 3+ Months Ago

grinch2171 wrote:
Probably because the BIOS disables the onboard video when it detects another video card. Try entering your BIOS and see if you can enable your onboard video.

where would bios be located at i got like 50 of them in my results bar
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

you enter BIOS by pressing usually F2 or F[KEY] when your computer is booting up. From there you can enable your Onboard Video.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BIOS
  • DrummingAddict
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Mount Juliet, TN - Just east of Nashville

Post 3+ Months Ago

To enter the BIOS, you have to go through the Setup function during startup. As your PC starts to boot, you will see "click ? to enter setup" or something of that nature. Press that button and follow the instructions on the screen to locate devices. it might be under an advanced tab as well. it is very difficult to give detailed instructions on setup/bios functions because there are a million different versions.
  • Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge
  • Loc: nashua nh

Post 3+ Months Ago

He is asking if he can use his Pci videocard input and the onboard input at the same time. and the answer would be no, its either one or the other

if your videocard has two ports VGA and DVI or Dvi and Dvi you would be able to but you cant mix the onboard and your videocard
  • donno92
  • Born
  • Born
  • donno92

Post 3+ Months Ago

YES, you can use both at the same time (I know this as I am doing it now. I had the same problem when I put my PCI-e card into my MoBo and was understandably confused at what was wrong, i asked a person in a computer shop, he told me it couldn't be done but ALL i needed to do was change the BIOS setting. It is easy took 2 seconds, Did it last November, now i can't imagine going back to one monitor. Well good luck :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts