LG E2350V LED Monitor won't turn on

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like the subject says, my LG E2350V LED monitor won't turn on. I recently left for work and left my computer on as well as my monitor and while I was away a storm hit and electricity was gone for like a second but that was enough to turn everything off... Including my computer and monitor.

The computer turns on but since the monitor doesn't I don't know if the computer is throwing any errors or not... But that is unimportant right now. The monitor has a touch turn on button not an actual button that you press... But a touch thing. When I touch the turn on button, one of the menu buttons to he left of the on/off button longs up and stays lit for as long as I touch the on/off button, but the actual monitor stays off.

All the cords are plugged in and there is nothing in the manual troubleshooting about this kind of thing. Searching Google led me to believe it might be a fuse that might need replacement but I don't know if mine has it or not... I'm thinking of bribing my monitor to best buy tomorrow and see if they could shed some light on the situation (if the monitor isn't fixed by then).
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

sounds to me a capacitor has blown which if that is the case then i would strap some C4 to it and blow it up in the park as there is not much else you can do with it.

If under warranty you may be able to get away with a replacement but sounds to me you may need a new monitor.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I brought it in to Best Buy today and found out I had a 3 year manufacturer warranty on it and they let me do an in store exchange... I know have a 27" Samsung SyncMaster SA550 LED Monitor. So far so good.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts