:o Engines Runnin But no-one behind the wheel!

• jamiedm
  • Born
  • Born
  • jamiedm

Post 3+ Months Ago

Right...!

My aunty gave me a pc the other day to see if i could fix it . She told me her company had only used this a server.

it has windows xp 1 gb ram

When i press the power button on the front everything seems to be working fine ie fans spin lights flash ect, but nothing on the monitor. I thought it could be the video card (no onboard graphix or sound), so i took it out and tried it in my pc - it worked fine. i then took it back upstairs and placed it back in the problem pc.

This morning i came to write this message and thought " ill try it one more time" so i went back up stairs and turned the pc on---works fine booted up, got to welcome screen, then to tellytubby screen and was able to access my computer.
then i had to go out , so thinking it must have been a loose graphix card i shut down the pc... WRONG THING TO DO

came to turn it on again and i had the original problem back.......

WHATS GOIN ON ?

PLEASE HELP
  • sandman6471
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • sandman6471
  • Loc: In My Dreams

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is this a PCI Video Card or an AGP Card. If it's a PCI try putting the card into a different PCI Slot and see what happens.

Have you tried the monitor on another computer to see if it works okay, could be the monitor going bad.

I would also look at the Power Supply, I've seen some strange stuff and it turned out to be the Power Supply.

Just some Ideas hope they help.......

Good Luck.........

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts