•  
    No

Finally ordered Dell Inspiron 6400

• unstopabl3
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • unstopabl3

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi guys n gals i am so happy that i have been visiting these awesome forums in most recent days. All the genuine help and comments i have received here have helped me decide what was best suited for me. I finally decided to purchase a Dell Inspiron 6400 with the following specs. Please tell me what you think of my buys, was it a good deal or a bad deal

Intel CORE DUO T2300(1.66GHZ 2mb cache/667 MHz FSB)
Windows Xp Home
15.4 Inch Wide Screen XGA Display with TrueLife
1GB DDR2 SDRAm at 533MHz, 2 Dimm
80 GB 7200rpm Hard Drive
8x Cd/DVD Burner with double-layer DVD+R write capability
256 ATU Mobility Radeon X1400 HyperMemory
80 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primar Battery
Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem
Intel Pro/Wireless 3978 802.11a/g Mini card (54 Mbps)
Dell Wireless 350 Bluetooth Internal (2.0 Enhanced Data Rate)
Nylon Backpack Carrying Case
90 Watt space AC adapter
1 Year return tp depot service with 1 year yech support
Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced HD Audio

Configured Cost = $1529 + Tax = $1758.35
Final Cost = $1,365 inc tax
Savings = $393.35
The time i spent to get this deal = Priceless

So i ordered this on Monday May 29,2006 and the estimate delivery date is set to June 9,2006. Now i would appreciate any comments and suggestions regarding this. Also i would like to know is that is the estimate date by any chance accurate ? Or do they always delay it ? Thx in advance
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• unstopabl3
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • unstopabl3

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thx for the replies guys n gals(total sarcasm)

I am quite disappointed in Dell atm as i have been checking the status for my order online since i ordered it. I didn't see any info regarding my order online for the first two days, but after speaking to a rep. about it, she got it going. So i checked my status everyday for uptil Friday and the order went into production that day and everything was going smooth, until i checked my order status on Saturday it gave me this message

"Delivery date of your product might have been changed.
This could have been prompted by the following circumstances:

* Mismatch between billing and credit card information.
* A system issue that interrupted the order entry flow

If the above occurred as a result of mismatched billing information, you will be contacted directly by one of our representatives within the next 2-3 business days.
If this does not happen, feel free to contact us at Ca_canadacs@dell.com or at 1(800)847-4096"

First thing i did was call that number and to my surprise the offices are closed on weekends what a co-incidence eh ? So i have emailed the above mentioned department demanding an explanation as i had made sure on many occassions with different reps. and its cannot be a "Mismatch between billing and credit card information". I have also emailed the sales rep. i got this laptop from. It's Sunday evening and i havent heard from either of them and i am so pissed at the moment because of this. I mean if anything like this was supposed to happen why not on Friday or Thursday ? Why on a Saturday when their offices are closed ? It just is too much of a co-incidence much like planned wouldnt ya say ? I have lost 2 days because of this and i am very unhappy with how things are going now as i might have to wait a week or so longer to get my laptop which i desperately need ! It's just not fair
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think you need to understand that places like dell are only open on weekdays. orders will be placed, built and shiped only on weekdays. since there is only 5 in each 7 day week and that is if there are no holidays..

about the problems with the billing and credit card information, that happens. i am in no way a fan of dell. but dell is vary big and it is going to happen once in a wile..
just look on the up side your going to get it only a few days later then you thought.. take the 20 mins out of your day to call and check your order.
  • unstopabl3
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • unstopabl3

Post 3+ Months Ago

CowKiller wrote:
i think you need to understand that places like dell are only open on weekdays. orders will be placed, built and shiped only on weekdays. since there is only 5 in each 7 day week and that is if there are no holidays..

about the problems with the billing and credit card information, that happens. i am in no way a fan of dell. but dell is vary big and it is going to happen once in a wile..
just look on the up side your going to get it only a few days later then you thought.. take the 20 mins out of your day to call and check your order.

I understand what your saying cowy, but i am just so disappointed as i had very high hopes that i wouldnt have a single problem with Dell, after reading how poor their overall service is. I wanted the laptop desperately and wanted it ASAP as its one of a lifetime experience for me :oops: Lols i have been calling them atleast twice each day since last week to get satisfied by the work they are doing on my laptop rofl

P.S Are you digging my sig even more ? :twisted:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts