Floppy Disk Drive Error

• Netmaster
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Saint Joseph, MO

Post 3+ Months Ago

when I put in any floppy disk it tells me that its not formatted. then it wont format it for me. it says that it cannot complete the format. I need to put something on a floppy and because of this I cant. does anyone know how to fix this problem? driver gone bad maybe?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd say it is something funky with the A drive/driver's perhaps, although those are pretty much generic drivers on Windows machines. I have one machine at work that the A drive seems to function normally, but if I copy any files to that drive, the originating machine will read it, but I get the same errors and problem you do if I try to read the disk on more current machines. It works fine on others.

I'm equally curious to see if anyone has an answer to this as well.
  • whatlikesit12345
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

what happened was that some of the files got out of sinque with each other. So when u put in the floppy u get the error: blah blah see above. Just hope u have a back-up of what is on that disk. maybe u can explore it but i have no idea.
  • Netmaster
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

I made the disk on a machine with Windows ME. and I tried to read it on a machine with windows XP.. but I tried other disks and I get the same error.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yep Netmaster -- pretty much like my error. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking it has to do with NTFS formatting vs. Win32 or Win16. That's probably the answer...I just haven't had the time to research it.
  • Netmaster
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

the computer with windows ME was formatted with FAT32 and Ive always used NTFS formatting.. your probably right ATNO/TW

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts