G-Force or ATI and AGP or PCI express?

• NRJ
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

1)I was wondering whether to go G-Force or ATI. I want to install Vista, and XP on this pc and I used to play games like sims2 a lot. Does DDR and DDR2 matter for a video card. My main Ram is DDR.

2) what is the difference between AGP and PCI Express X16? My new MB has the the PCI express. (that's why I need to buy a new video card, I only got a spare AGP ATI card at the moment).
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

1) I cant really recommend a GPU for you, I have heard a lot about each. I use a Nvidia, my friend uses a ATI card. The only thing I might be able to say is that more ATI cards will support SLI, all that means is if you ever want you can connect to graphic cards together to make them run faster. The problem with SLI is that it will require a special PSU and a mother board with at least 2 PCI express slots. Also when picking a video card you do have to look to see if your PSU can support it. Alot of the more powerful cards are now requiring specerate power. Most of the time its a special 6 pin connector, others its just a standard 4. You can buy converters for the 6 pin if needed.

2) AGP is a slower slot than PCI express x16. Thats the main difference.

Below is a list of graphic cards that have the stats to support Vista.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLi ... And&Page=2

Now I wouldn't recommend some of those cards.

How big is your budget?
  • NRJ
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

not big right now. I wont buy any Hardware for a couple months at least, though i'm saving money.

I don't know what's the power of my PSU. My other PC has a 450W one i think if i can find the box it came with. For this PC the PSU came with the tower, can't seem to see on it where it would tell me. All i can see is 110V/220V, 10A/5A, 60Hz/50hz.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts