GAMING COMPUTER please HELP!!!

• yamahauler
  • Born
  • Born
  • yamahauler

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have posted this on other forums and have had not to many response.

Im planning on buying a gaming computer for around $600-$700. so far i have picked two computers off of two different websites. here they are...

http://www.ibuypower.com/ibp/store/conf ... spx?mid=72
and.
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Mega_Special_III/#

i dont know much about computers and different hardwares and motherboards and stuff. but right now im either getting one of the computers the way it is without any upgrades or anything. maybe an extra fan because i dotn want it to overheat. but if you scroll down on both of the links thier is different options that you can pick. if you see something that really makes the computer better for under $700 click the little bubble next to the option. and when you post a reply post the link and the thing you changed on either computer. i wanna get the best computer i can for under $700 so please help me out.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• limbo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • limbo
  • Loc: Pitcairn Island

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow too many options. But if you can, try to get a good CPU and GPU. The graphics processing unit is the most important aspect for gaming, so spend most of your money there. After you've decided on one your next priority should be the CPU, get the best that you can after you've spent your money on a GPU. Then get a decent powersupply that can support you parts, around 500watts would be fine for nothing too beefy, ie a midrange GPU and dual core CPU. Motherboard, ram , hard drive and case you can pretty much decide for yourself, but get at least 2gb of ram and a decent motherboard but don't go overboard.

I would try to help more, but ive just finished an exam and im really tired. I would recommend asking a friend whose into computer gaming, dont ask some one whose not because chances are he is going to buy you the wrong parts.

Good luck :D
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Which games do you intend to play ... this is already a major factor in what you will decide ... and if you say something like Crysis or UT3 and you want to play them on full GFX ... $600-$700 aint going to cut it ...

Also ... where are you going to buy ... ? have you got a price list? that'd be an easier way of seeing what things cost where you're from ...
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think he is looking at "systems" not a piece together unit.

I concur with limbo for the most part. Buy a system with the following in mind (n this order)

GPU
CPU
power supply
RAM
  • TsX
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

The problem with a gaming PC is that every new high-end game that comes out requires some of the latest graphics cards. You say you want to buy a gaming computer, but the question is really what kind of games do you want to play? If you are thinking about the newest high-end games, you will need a bigger budget.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts