Gaming Pc

• Areismu
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Areismu

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, I'm cheap and poor :p but i want a good gaming pc thats going to last me a while and not going to become obsolete over night, I'm looking at a budget of max 700 dollars....like i said I'm poor and unemployed........I was looking at http://www.ibuypower.com/ibp/store/conf ... =66#header or http://www.ibuypower.com/ibp/store/conf ... px?mid=135 I would like 2 get the cheapest best one I could get... are there any problems with those 2? are the specs good enough to handle kickass games like WoW or Gw or any other high end game and handle some new stuff that is going to come along?...there anything wrong with the vid card or cpu? or are there better offers out there that you guys know of.....any input would be greatly appreciated....thanks in advance!

~Arie
  • theak
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Taipei, Taiwan

Post 3+ Months Ago

The first one could do with the memory atleast doubling and it really needs a better graphics card, the second one seems fine but you really do need matching bezels on your drives if your getting a red case.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

why not get a dell and do you need a screen?
  • Areismu
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Areismu

Post 3+ Months Ago

no, no need for a screen
  • grimshit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Wiltshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Uuuh Dell + Gaming doesnt go. The XPS pc's are a utter joke, they are hidiously overpriced and dont perform very well. Get an Athlon 64 + 6800GT + 1Gb of ram. This should do fine for most games for a good while. This is cheaper than you think as well now due to the 7 Series Geforces comming out in 3 days.
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Build a Semperon 800Mhz FSB, Socket 754 mobo, and a good AGP8x card and for under $600 you can have a good gamer.

Make sure you have at least 512MB or 1GB of memory. Anything less is not doable.
  • Speaker
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Speaker

Post 3+ Months Ago

Second one, but make sure you get at least 512MB ram, more if possible.
  • lhuser
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

*plum* wrote:
Uuuh Dell + Gaming doesnt go. The XPS pc's are a utter joke, they are hidiously overpriced and dont perform very well. Get an Athlon 64 + 6800GT + 1Gb of ram. This should do fine for most games for a good while. This is cheaper than you think as well now due to the 7 Series Geforces comming out in 3 days.

Dell does make special Gaming PCs with Intel P4 XE
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Suuure Dell XPS with the P4 XE for the new low price of your arm, leg, first born, wife's innocence, and teenage daughter. I would rather have a gaming PC without having to put a second mortgage on my house THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

You can drop the XE, and build the computer yourself for half the price of a XPS.

Even if I had all of the money in the world, there are somethings that I just wouldn't waste the money on. Whoopty Doo, its a regular crappy ol P4 with just 25megs of cache. whoohoo. Not Impressed.

C'mon Intel, you can do better than that!
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
just 25megs of cache

ummm, wtf? i thought most processors maxed out at 2 megs of l2 cache. maybe it was 2.5 megs total cache? im confused...
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was being facetious.
  • Tristan_Merz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Capital Region [TechValley] NY, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
well, I'm cheap and poor :p but i want a good gaming pc thats going to last me a while and not going to become obsolete over night, I'm looking at a budget of max 700 dollars

This is so (almost) my (same) situation too plus also yes. Listen to me. I know we have to be careful who we let have the SEE-crets and how much we tellem... but, look, I've been around here some, n'all ... how about giving me the magic wand of true, panoptic, careful, thoughtful response, for which this site has become so well-noted world wide withal famous.

----> :arrow: I need to take $700.00 and a room with a view (have that) and turn it into a Linux Red Hat [double boot is OK with wndws- some- such (don't want to cross post, so placing it here) learning internet connection work station, which will be very fail-safe-proofed, because of the replacement $$ noop, zero, that's all folks** for this particular slow biz year, and also has as much gaming-type multimedia pro-type-quality (see Randy Newman [sp?] now film score composer) spiffs as possible because I need to do more and more alla time with graphics and also sound (as in MIDI multi-track "classical" music composition).

Any tips would be warmly received, I'm too shrrrr.

**As in the latter part of "The Flight of The Phoenix" movie when James Stewart's character only has one engine-starting cartridge left, having used the penultimate one to clean out the cylinders. Do-or-die city, hello? No cash for replacing garbash... so to say...

//note// I could go used if I had some kind of assurances, which is silly of course; or I can wait a month (becoming even crazier using libraries' terminals and being assaulted by the frustration psycho night-mare unstable smell of stagnation outside here in like 1890s East Overlook, South Dakota, Comp Someday Sci*-town [more at: *sigh]) ...and have maybe $850.00 // I know this post is feeby, but I have bad days too, some months. If I raise admin eyebrows here, I shall cheerfully translate and repost this embarassing mess.
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Tristan_Merz wrote:
This is so (almost) my (same) situation too plus also yes. Listen to me. I know we have to be careful who we let have the SEE-crets and how much we tellem... but, look, I've been around here some, n'all ... how about giving me the magic wand of true, panoptic, careful, thoughtful response, for which this site has become so well-noted world wide withal famous.

----> :arrow: I need to take $700.00 and a room with a view (have that) and turn it into a Linux Red Hat [double boot is OK with wndws- some- such (don't want to cross post, so placing it here) learning internet connection work station, which will be very fail-safe-proofed, because of the replacement $$ noop, zero, that's all folks** for this particular slow biz year, and also has as much gaming-type multimedia spiffs because I need to do more and more alla time with graphics and also sound (as in MIDI multi-track "classical" music composition).

Any tips would be warmly received, I'm too shrrrr.

**As in the latter part of "The Flight of The Phoenix" movie when James Stewart's character only has one engine-starting cartridge left, having used the penultimate one to clean out the cylinders. Do-or-die city, hello? No cash for replacing garbash... so to say...

Uhm, okay let me make some sence of this... You need a machine that is gaming capable for under $700 and have Redhat on it.

Easy...

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice
Motherboard: MSI K8N Neo4-F
Memory: GeIL 1GB (2x512) PC3200 (Latency: 2-3-3-6)
Storage: WD Caviar SE 80GB Sata150
Optical: LITE-ON DVD-ROM
Video: ABIT PCI-E x16 Radeon X700Pro 128MB GDDR3
Case: Antec SLK1650 beige case with 350W PSU

All for $610.00 That will play games well, and its under $700.
  • Tristan_Merz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Capital Region [TechValley] NY, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

:iconshaking2: :study: :anonymous: :drink: ... in other words, thanks!

(eventually there will be so many smilies the 'English' alphabet will result. --TM)

Thank you for speaking Trismerzian so well. What is the source of your price data; components or All-In-One, please? :oops:
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

My price comparison was derived by adding the price of components into an online shopping cart at Newegg.com. The final subtotal less taxes and shipping yielded the price of $610.00

Prices may change, usually they will go lower day to day as newer technology emerges. However, this is not the case in some instances. SATA150 like its IDE counterpart still holds level prices while SATAII keeps comparable prices to drive the market toward the new technologies. This is the same fro DDR SDRAM as the market wants to push for DDR2 & DDR3 memory modules. This however is more of a round-robin maneuver by Intel to push Pentium based systems because AMD still relies on older and outdated DDR.
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Tristan_Merz wrote:
Thank you for speaking Trismerzian so well.

On a day-to-day basis I have to hold concert with many Biochemical PhDs whos genuis converts normal elevated speaking to a clammering of technical banter and jargon baseless around any known language or grammer.

I adapt well. :-D
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

language that butchered would make shakespeare cry, but then again, i salute you!

now please let me cry in a corner, because..i could not understand any of that, even if i read it all

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts