Graphic Card Problems: Shaky text..

• Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: desk

Post 3+ Months Ago

I reformatted my computer and reset my monitor settings, then after reinstalling XP, I got the updates including SP2. Well my screen text seems to be shaky, you can see too letters at once, one over lapping the other, and the one behind, is slightly colored. Its hard to read the words. It does it too graphics too. All my DirectX updates are updated, same with my graphic card. Any suggesstions?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try lowering your refresh rate in advanced monitor settings. Mine is set to 60 htz and works fine. (In fact it's the only setting that works with my monitor. If I try to raise it, it starts to affect my display.)
  • Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

The only option I have is 60 htz
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try a different monitor and see if it's the same.

//you don't have any nonshielded speakers near your monitor do you.? Could be a possible cause, although not likely but worth asking about. My printer sits right next to my monitor and when I turn it on the RF from the printer makes my screen a bit shaky
  • Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

I changed monitors and its not the same, but I cant use it cause it isnt mine :S
  • Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Never mind, I fixed it. I had to press the reset button on my monitor and hold it for about 3 seconds. Thanks for your help.
  • MOC
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Ocean City , Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ever wonder what that "degauss" button on your monitor does besides make a buzzing noise and cause the screen to go crazy for a second? Though that's its main purpose, the degauss button has another useful feature. To understand it, you'll first need to know that the earth has natural magnetic fields. The magnetic charges from these fields can build up inside your monitor, causing a loss of color accuracy. Degaussing scares the bad magnetism out of the monitor and fills it with good karma. If your monitor doesn't have a degauss button, fear not -- many new monitors automatically degauss themselves. If you have a flat-panel display, there is no degauss button because magnetism doesn't build up in flat screen displays.

Hate when that happens.lol
  • beings
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

if your monitor doesnt have a degaus button you have to wait a while for it to do it manualy. TVs do the same thing. Ive had a few magnets attached to a tv in my house once and they screw up the tv's colour for about a day.
  • Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Mine has the button, thanks for the description, was very helpful :p .

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts