Graphic Design Notebook

• clicky
  • Student
  • Student
  • clicky
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm looking for a new laptop, and one of the major things im looking for is graphic design capability...my price range is $1500. Macs are known for graphics and ive found this

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/71408/wo/aA7CJeK1Npli2U1iONK1kG7YMvH/0.0.11.1.0.6.25.1.2.21.3.1.1.0?45,17

but this compaq seems to be significantly better

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=34-147-207&depa=3

If you had any experience with these two or can provide any other help, it is appreciated in advance.

(BTW, regarding the low ram of the mac, I would be able to spend a little extra to get it to 512 or maybe a little higher.)

Very respectfully,
-clicky
  • bigcheeez
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bigcheeez

Post 3+ Months Ago

The macintosh link doesn't work. Personally I don't like macs, and that Compaq looks like it will be able to handle any graphics program that you have in mind. You would get better performance spending that $1500 on a desktop, though.

IBM is my favorite laptop, but I work with HP (compaq) laptops and the only problem I ever run into is the occasional bad hard drive.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Clicky, glad you listened up about Macs. The way the Mac processors work increases the speed that graphics can be generated. I would go with a Mac if you are looking just for graphics. I personally don't own one because I was too lazy to learn another OS a couple years ago and I have become so adept to PC's that it would be hard to make the switch now!
  • cxrrico7
  • Born
  • Born
  • cxrrico7

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm new here and looking for some info. What would you guys recommend as the best laptop for web and graphic design and why? Any budget and any none basic specs would help.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts