Hard drive issue

• Toby01
  • Toby01

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there can any one help me i have a maxtor 80 gig hard drive and i bought another maxtor 160 gig hard drive i have well think it;s right me 80 gig is my master as boot up and the 160 gig my second i have added as slave(if any one knows the jumper settings basically master at the end of pins and the slave set with no jumper on it)my middle connection on the cable is set to the slave bios detects both hard drives but windows xp only detects my 80 gig in device settings the both hard drives are there why does it not show in windows...?????
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• TheBecoming
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • TheBecoming

Post 3+ Months Ago

Off the top of my nipples, I'd say you still have a jumper wrong. You might have your master hard drive set to one hard drive only. Also make sure you have the hard drives plugged in, in the right connector.

Check your Bios to see if your computer even sees the 160 gig.
  • ShEDeViL
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

What version of windows are you running? Did you get the maxtor software to enable windows to see drives larger than 137gig? I know my 160gig WD drive came with a floppy disk with this on it.
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounds like a jumper issue, cabling issue or you for got to plug it into the PSU. I bet you $5 is a jumper issue cos they always are in my experiance.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts