A Hard Drive Problem That I Cant Fix!Could Use Some Help...

• XDUDE
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Colorado, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah..i have a hard drive that when my disk defragment program was running on the hard drive my computer had a problem come up and wanted to shut down and before i could stop my defrag it shut down,when it booted up it was running VERY slow..took about 5 mins to fully boot up when before it takes only 27 secs...then after it booted up the hard drive that WAS defragmenting showed that is was empty and not formatted.i took the drive out and the computer runs like normal (fast) but as soon as i hook up the other drive it is back to the slow way,it runs but slow,that hard drive hade a TON of back up files and i want to get them back in possable,i tryed formatting it but it says it cant because the drive is in use by another program or something.....the defragmenting program is diskeeper,i thought that the defragment program was stuck trying to defrag the drive or something,or maybe the drive just fried...i don't know...can ANYONE help..i have never had a problem like this before and like i said,i cant get it working but i do need the files if possible on the drive.....

:roll: HELP! :roll:
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The controller on it probably went. I had the problem with a sata drive that did that. Darn western digital. You'd probably be better off sending it to a data recovery place and then getting a new drive.
  • grimshit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Wiltshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

This should teach everyone in busness or with important files something. ALLWAYS! keep backup data on more than 1 hard disk, raid 1 and 5 are perfect for this kind of thing.
  • Ishii
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Ishii
  • Loc: Gilbert, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
This should teach everyone in busness or with important files something. ALLWAYS! keep backup data on more than 1 hard disk, raid 1 and 5 are perfect for this kind of thing.

Agreed. I can't tell you how many people call me and get pissed at me that their hard drive crashed and they don't have a backup to restore from. Gotta love tech support.
  • theak
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Taipei, Taiwan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
This should teach everyone in busness or with important files something. ALLWAYS! keep backup data on more than 1 hard disk, raid 1 and 5 are perfect for this kind of thing

...until some git steals your PC.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts