Hard drive problems STILL!!

• mtg131g
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • mtg131g

Post 3+ Months Ago

okay guys this is really getting me concerned about my harddrive's life now. just as we humans have so many years of life in us so does our harddrives has so many revolutions.

this is the problem i have a HDD light that is on the out side of my case that the light goes on anytime the HDD is spining and now the light never goes off. i just checked to see if the light was malfunctioning by opening up the computer and touching the HDD to see if it was turly spinning and it was. the light never goes off. I have AVG up to date and have run it and I have run spy bot and adaware as well and nothing out of the ordinary and then rebooted after they were finish and still the HDD is still spins and I know that will become a problem when I try and trun this HDD into my web server and leave it on all the time.

any suggestions?

mtg
  • lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

The hard drive spins all the time, every second the system is on. It is not like a CDROM where it spins up during use, then spins back down. That being said, I do not know why your hard drive light is always on. It should only be lit when data is being accessed on the drive (you should feel a separate grinding sort of sensation if you touch it)
  • EliteHunter
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Under Your Bed

Post 3+ Months Ago

Or if you built you PC, maby you pluged the HDD LED in the Wrong pins.

Just my 1 cent :lol:
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

:rofl: That has to go next to the "Is it plugged in", and "Are your sure your floppy cables is plugged in right-side up" answers of all time.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts