Hardware Conflict! Need Help

• liltman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • liltman
  • Loc: England, Hartlepool, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I recently formatted and re-installed Windows XP Professional as i had a problem but now i get a hardware conflict all the time, it is really annoying and i can't figure out what is causing it.

I have taken my graphics card out and swapped it with another and still got the message so it wasn't that.

I have also taken my ram out and ran the computer agen and still got the message so it can't be the ram.

I also took the leads to both my DVD Drive and my DVD WRITER Drive out and still got the problem, basically i have took every piece of hardware out and ran the computer, got the same problem every time, the only thing i havn't took out is the hard drive but i don't think that would be causing it but if that is the only thing i havn't tried then it might be that.

the error message i get is a blue screen saying windows had to be shut down in order to protect files, this could be a hardware problem, check any new hardware or software that had been installed to see if they are working correctly, update drivers, and windows updates if needs be.

it also says something like IRQL_Equal_Or_NotEqual [at the top of screen]

and further down the page it says something like

Stop! x000x00000x00000x0000 some thing like that

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I colud be an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or a DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, either way seems like a driver problem. Check this page and look for your error number and text, when you get the blue screen see if it points to a category of devices or to a specific device or try Go to Start > Run >Enter: eventvwr.msc and check in System Log there for any errors related to your stop message.

Here the page I mentioned before:
http://www.updatexp.com/stop-messages.html
  • liltman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • liltman

Post 3+ Months Ago

yer thats the ones it says sometimes, the 2 you said,

Not_Less_Or_Equal
and IRQL one

only problem is now i don't have windows installed and when i try to i get the error message again and have no choice to restart and i then have to start from scratch and get the message again and again..

i think it is either a driver problem like you said or that my motherboard is faulty, i hope it's not the motherboard, my last pc started to have afaulty motherboard after a few years,

thanx for the help
  • man_4422
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • man_4422
  • Loc: na

Post 3+ Months Ago

What is the error message that you seen from the computer screen?

Usually hardware conflict is caused by corruption of device driver, or not properly assign of IRQ, interrupts. If the device driver is not the cause of the problem, then it could be the hardware itself malfunction. Try to check from the system device manager to see whether there is any exclamation mark or signs that shows that the device driver got problem. If there is, then you need to reinstall the driver again.

Rgds
man_4422
  • liltman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • liltman

Post 3+ Months Ago

nah there is no yellow marks in device manager and there has been about 8 different messages now,

one of them was IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

i cant remember the rest, i think my motherboard is going, if its not that i dont no wah it is!

thanx for the help people
  • liltman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • liltman

Post 3+ Months Ago

yo everyone, sorted it out, it was my motherboard, it was completely hammered, lol, thanx all

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts