hdd password problem

• ram
  • Born
  • Born
  • ram

Post 3+ Months Ago

i got hdd password problem in my toshiba satellite 4030CDS laptop when i start the laptop

when i start the laptop it asks hdd password
and i have forgetten the password

please help
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Posted by: rmalejandre

There´s this old Toshiba Satellite 420CDT (P 100 Mhz, 32 MB RAM, 1 GB HDD), which I was given, the deal is that it has a password protected BIOS and no one has any idea of what the password could be. I´ve searched around and found a way to make a 'KEY' disk with a hex editor, but it didn't work. I hope someone can give me any pointers or ideas about what to do.

Thanks in advance.

Posted by: idtent

The tool is not a software option.

It is a 25 pin connector that is jumpered. You can build the tools off of one of the links I posted, and then plug it into the parallel port of the computer, turn on the computer, then turn off the computer remove the connector and cmos should be reset.

Shouldn't have to take the laptop apart if you make the parallel adapter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.plasma-online.de/index.h...rd_toshiba.html

My bad! I didn't post a link to help you make your own adapter.!!
It is the link above

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks!, I'll give that loopback adapter a try. If it doesn´t work I'll just have to remove the battery manually. Fingers crossed!

Thanks a lot for all your time and help idtent

The parallel port loopback adapter in the link provided by idtent worked great, I built it myself, plugged it in, turned it on, then off after boot up, turned it on again, and the password was gone.

I'm going to keep this useful little thingy around in case this happens again.

Thanks a lot to idtent for his help, hope this thread helps others as well.

I found this on google, hope it helps you out.
  • Dark Civilian
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Dark Civilian

Post 3+ Months Ago

there is only one way for your HDD to hve a password and tht is uve set a password thru the Bios set up therefore this is yur own fault. Now unles u suddenly remeber your password ur hve no accses to setting in ur HDD, so if u eva do remeber i advise u to set ur password as ur last name etc. And if u never figure out the password u cud either re format your computer of get a differant HDD!!

Dark Civilian
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dark Civilian wrote:
there is only one way for your HDD to hve a password and tht is uve set a password thru the Bios set up therefore this is yur own fault. Now unles u suddenly remeber your password ur hve no accses to setting in ur HDD, so if u eva do remeber i advise u to set ur password as ur last name etc. And if u never figure out the password u cud either re format your computer of get a differant HDD!!

¿uh? It really took me some time to understand what you've typed here. Please, can't you write in plain english? it's really annoying having to decipher your posts, you are not in a messenger or something like that
  • Dark Civilian
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Dark Civilian

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok :oops: I wont do messanger language again sorry.

Dark Civilian
  • bigcheeez
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bigcheeez

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cant you reset this (and the bios to factory defaults) by removing the CMOS battery?
  • Cae
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

i know in desktops you can reset the bios by just popping the cmos battery off (like the big cheeez said)... and on some there is a special jumper setting that will either override all password blocks on the bios, or reset it.

however, it is a laptop, and they are notorious for having screwy hardware in them... i would suggest you just call up toshiba's tech support people and ask them...
  • gpmont
  • Born
  • Born
  • gpmont

Post 3+ Months Ago

ident,
I´LL a ready use de key with 25connector but didn´t work,
¿i just have to conectec and turn on the laptop,

something else, do you speak spanish,m, jjejeje, i dont write quite well english,

a hope you can help me
bye ident
  • gpmont
  • Born
  • Born
  • gpmont

Post 3+ Months Ago

ident,
I´LL a ready use de key with 25connector but didn´t work,
¿i just have to conectec and turn on the laptop,

something else, do you speak spanish,m, jjejeje, i dont write quite well english,

a hope you can help me
bye ident
labrego wrote:
Quote:

There´s this old Toshiba Satellite 420CDT (P 100 Mhz, 32 MB RAM, 1 GB HDD), which I was given, the deal is that it has a password protected BIOS and no one has any idea of what the password could be. I´ve searched around and found a way to make a 'KEY' disk with a hex editor, but it didn't work. I hope someone can give me any pointers or ideas about what to do.

Thanks in advance.

The tool is not a software option.

It is a 25 pin connector that is jumpered. You can build the tools off of one of the links I posted, and then plug it into the parallel port of the computer, turn on the computer, then turn off the computer remove the connector and cmos should be reset.

Shouldn't have to take the laptop apart if you make the parallel adapter.

http://www.plasma-online.de/index.h...rd_toshiba.html

My bad! I didn't post a link to help you make your own adapter.!!
It is the link above

Thanks!, I'll give that loopback adapter a try. If it doesn´t work I'll just have to remove the battery manually. Fingers crossed!

Thanks a lot for all your time and help idtent

The parallel port loopback adapter in the link provided by idtent worked great, I built it myself, plugged it in, turned it on, then off after boot up, turned it on again, and the password was gone.

I'm going to keep this useful little thingy around in case this happens again.

Thanks a lot to idtent for his help, hope this thread helps others as well.

I found this on google, hope it helps you out.
  • MOC
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Ocean City , Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.rockbox.org/lock.html

Try that site . Most info I have read is , a big problem with this !
Always happens when HD another HD is installed .
  • lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts