Headphones won't work on Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS

• PolishHurricane
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I cannot hear sound out of my new headset, skip down to the last paragraph if you know what kinds of plugs they have.

Anyway, I've had my SoundBlaster card for a decent amount of time.

On the card I have 6, 3.5mm Pins

From Left to Right: Orange, Black, Green, Pink, Red, Blue

I finally bought Speakers for it recently.

Creative SBS580 41 W 5.1 Speaker

which take up 3 slots: Orange, Black, Green

So I have: Pink, Red, Blue left over.

Then today I just bought SENNHEISER PC 150 2 x 3.5mm Connector Circumaural Headset.

They have 2 Pins, 1 for microphone, 1 for headphones:

The Microphone Plug is: Pink
Problem: The Headphones Plug is: Green

The mic works, so far, I haven't gone into a TeamSpeak or Ventrilo yet, but it works on the windows testing.

However the major problem is I cannot hear sound. What I would like to do is get both my speakers and my headset to work at once. I tried plugging the headphones plug into the blue slot, however it didn't work. I then tried to plug it into the red slot and I got weird noise, like digital noise or something. Red = Digital. Anyway, I then tried keeping the black and orange from the stereo in, and switching the 2 greens so the headset was in, and both worked at once, However, the sound quality on the speakers went down. Does anybody have a possible solution?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

Get http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... Id=2062454 and split your green jack between the speakers and headphones
  • PolishHurricane
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, you read my mind, hmmm that one looks too close to where the card would be. I was thinking: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6812123067

Anyway, I think that's what I will do. Thanks.
  • lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

The one you linked to goes from 1 - 1/8th plug to 2 RCA plugs, you need one from 1 1/8th plug to 2 - 1/8th jacks

Radioshack has the one I linked to, as well as some corded ones if you think the one that I linked to might not work. (and you don't have to wait for it to get shipped to you)
  • PolishHurricane
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL, I'm a moron. I ordered it too, lmfao. I wasn't paying attention. Oh well I'm gonna try to cancel it before they ship it. And nah I don't really mind waiting for things to get shipped, usually it is as fast as 36 hours later I get it. This I don't really need anyway.

Thank you for catching that, you saved me time and agony.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts