Help! Can't reformat

• .sara.
  • Born
  • Born
  • .sara.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have an mp3 player and it gave an I/O device error. the manufacturer told me to reformat it.

The problem is that when i go to my computer and right click the stupid menu doesn't come up. It takes forever as if its doing something but then goes back to normal and the menu never comes up. Once or twice by fluke the menu came up but then when i clicked format again nothing.
If anyone can help, i'd really appreciate any advice. I was also trying to look for like an automatic formatter or something where i could tell it which disk drive and it would just format it maybe that might help. but don't know the chances considering when i say "eject this media" on the sidebar it has the same behaviour stays busy for a while and then no result.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• NaNoBoT
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

What type of mp3 player, what make etc etc give more details...
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

can you format frum the menu on the mp3 player?
  • .sara.
  • Born
  • Born
  • .sara.

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a Foxda mp3 player.

Cannot format from menu on the actual mp3 player because when i turn it on all it does is flash the reformat message at me.

Also, there was a disk included with it but all it contains is a driver and nothing else.
  • unstopabl3
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • unstopabl3

Post 3+ Months Ago

okie i think this should work so let's give it a shot. Connect your mp3 player to your computer via the usb cable or datab cable it came with. Now go to my computer and look for a removeable drive letter sometimes it's H or G depending on your partitions and other drives, in other words look for a drive letter which wasnt there before you plugged in your mp3 player. Right click on this drive and select format (if it gives you that option). A small window will popup. Checkmark the quick format box and press Start. This should erase everything on your mp3 player and hopefully give a new life to your mp3 player as well. Let me know if this works or not :)
  • dude_flames
  • Born
  • Born
  • dude_flames

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for posting that it worked perfectly! :D :D :D :D :D :D [/b]
  • rebornstubborn
  • Born
  • Born
  • rebornstubborn

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok to the same question but different player. RCA H100A. Says to reformat. But cannot change anything in order to have the drive letter. Already tried. Thing just powers up makes a weird noise and doesnt work. Has the menu but no words to whats in there. How do I reformat this piece of ****. Thanks for your help if possible

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts