Help me... fdisk error or hdd error... first time to encount

• wurmer
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • wurmer
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

athlon xp 2000, epox 8rda3i motherboard, ati radeon 9550, 512 kingmax ram ddr 400, excelstor hdd 60gb, dvd combo, cdrom... this may take too long to read so please be patient and help me... please

i first encounterd the problem when i tried to connect a phone line to an internal modem, but accidentally i placed it on the internal lan card installed on pci slot 5. that time the computer still booted and i have logged in to windows XP. then i installed a dial up network to be able to use my internet. after its done, ive clicked connect and there the problem started...

my system keeps on restarting... ive tried to change the my bios to boot up on cdrom... i placed win xp and it doesnt recognized it as a boot device... ive tried win 98 and it worked but i cant format my drive c: (where my sytem is) coz it keeps on saying invalid drive or sumting...

there is this error ive encounterd:

!!! Warning !!!

Disk boot sector is to be modified.
Type "Y" to accept, any key to abort Award Software, Inc.

Ive tried both options but i keep on returning to a prompt..

another error after running fdisk /mbr:

write protect error writing fixed disk
the master boot code has not been updated

another error occured after formatting my drive using win98 cd:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver update. Try changing video adapters. Check with your hardware vendor for any bios updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press f8 to select advance startup options, and then select safe mode.

Tech Information
*** stop: 0x0000007E (0xc0000005, 0xF8488EB4, 0xF89F59C0, 0xF89F56BC) acpi.sys - address F8488EB4 base at F8473000, datestamp 3fde86ac

that's it. hope you could help me... please... thank you.
  • lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

Go into you BIOS and try disabling Boot Sector Virus Protection or similar. That should allow you to reformat and repartition.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts