Help me mod my case

• Callme
  • Born
  • Born
  • Callme

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would like to either do a window mod, or cut two 120mm spots out of the side of my CoolerMaster Elite 340.

I have a metal cutter and metal file, but I don't know what to buy to drill holes for fan screws or fan mounts.

I also don't know what material to use for a case window, or how to secure that material to the rest of the case.

Help?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you are trying to mount fans in the case, you need a hole saw for the 120mm hole, a set of drill bits for the fan mounts and a drill of course. Even though the fans are on a square mounting plate, the 120mm hole really only has to be the diameter of the fan itself. The mounting plate doesn't have to show.

Forget about tin snips and a file. It would take forever and you'll just make a mess.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

to be honest, if I were you I would just rather buy a case with these accessories in already ... but maybe that's just me ... ??
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

sounds like a fun little project

If you want to mount a window, buy yourself a piece of plexy glass and use silicone to put it in place

If you have the fan mounting screw but don't know what size hole you need, take the srew to the local hardware store and ask an employee to help you find the correct drill bit size.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

To find the correct size of a drill bit, you hold the screw directly behind the drill bit, you should only see the threads of the screw.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts