Help please, audio driver issue

• 42o.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, new member here, figured this would be a good a place as any to come for some help so here goes.

I have an Asus K8V-SE Deluxe mobo and I use the onboard sound. I recently purchased a new hard drive and a fresh copy of Windows XP home. When I went to install all the drivers for my mobo, it went great. 4 in 1 drivers, good stuff. Marvell LAN drivers, good stuff. Every single driver other than the audio driver works perfectly. When I try to install the audio drivers from the Asus site, it says that the audio drivers do not support my computer hardware (I thought this was really, really strange). Everytime I start my computer, windows finds that I have new audio hardware and asks me to install it (that hardware being Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA Audio Controller). Now, when I go to install it, it scans my computer for drivers, comes up with one, and tells me that the software it has found has not passed windows logo testing (?). Ok, so I click continue anyway, and it seems to install fine. It gets to the very last file (something like ALCWDYS.sys) and then my computer restarts itself. It gets back into windows and then I report the error and it says that Realtek has updated drivers for me, so I go there, download the drivers, but alas, they do not work, it just restarts my computer endlessly. So, I'm left without sound. No windows startup sound, no music from my winamp, no pistol shots or the sweet sound of M4 rounds going off in Counter-Strike... Someone please help me :cry: :cry:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• unstopabl3
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • unstopabl3

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok uninstall the audio drivers you have just installed or were half-way installed. Then go to windows update site and download/update your audio drivers through there. That's one of the fastest way i know of updating your current drivers. Here's a direct link incase you don't know

http://www.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
Hope that helps.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

if it is not there try looking up Asus K8V-SE Deluxe in google and find a updated driver
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://support.asus.com/download/downlo ... uage=en-us

go there and do the Select the Product thing ans you will find all the drivers you need
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do not recommend getting audio drivers from Windows update. I did this once with video drivers for a Dell and it hosed it up big time.

Get the drivers from Asus. If the latest don't work try to find an older version.

You could always contact them and see what is up with their drivers.
  • 42o.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks guys. The older drivers worked wonders. Kinda makes me feel a little dumb :oops:
  • xjokerxjokerx
  • Born
  • Born
  • xjokerxjokerx

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://152.104.125.41/Default.aspx (Realtek Website)

Download the HD AUDIO CODEC for whichever system you are having trouble with, and that's it.

Problem solved.
  • deathblade
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: u.k

Post 3+ Months Ago

42o. wrote:
Thanks guys. The older drivers worked wonders. Kinda makes me feel a little dumb :oops:

dude don't feel dumb everyone get a problem they cant fix, it;s good you posted now if some has the same problem it will help them too, now dnt you feel better that you posted ? lol

tbh my built in sound card doesn't work i've tried everything system restore, reinstall drivers, uninstall it so i have to install again so i just use the headphone :P

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts