Help Please with monitor and sound!!

• jazular
  • Born
  • Born
  • jazular

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi! I am new to the forum. But I knew if anyone could help it would be you all. I have formated this computer. I have everything back in. Blah blah. My problem is that the sound and video card is intrigrated onto the motherboard. I can't get 256 colors or high bit anything. I dont have the drivers for it. Of course. The motherboard is a venus. I dont have drivers for the sound either. lol just my luck. It was a network computer that a friend got cheap. i know why. anyway the sound is also intergrated on the mother board. the only thing that i have found on the sound card ( i guess i would call it) is fullcom, and the monitor says lotes. Now my question is could this be the manufactor for these two. or am I way off base? What would be the best way of finding the drivers for these two things?
:o
Thanks
jazular
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

look for a part number on the motherboard and search google and see if u can find the drivers for it on the internet either that or go and buy a new sound card and video card and disable the on board sound and video in the bios sorry I couldn't be more help.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try downloading and running Belarc Advisor on the computer:
http://belarc.com/free_download.html

It should tell you everything that's under the hood. You should be able to identify the video card and sound card from it. That should make it easier to find the drivers. The display you get now has nothing to do with your monitor. Once you get the correct video drivers you'll be able to change resolution.

Video drivers - http://video-drivers.com/
Audio Drivers - http://www.soundcard-drivers.com/
  • jazular
  • Born
  • Born
  • jazular

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks so much!! :) for the info. I got so flustrated with this thing I couldnt think. The Belarc advisor really helped. Gave me the info i am looking for. Thanks for all the links too :!:

Thanks
jazular
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Glad you got it jazular...and hope you'll stay in touch with us.

Our primary purpose is for webmaster issues, but if we can help with Windows/hardware stuff we're more-than-happy to.
  • jazular
  • Born
  • Born
  • jazular

Post 3+ Months Ago

I will stay in touch, lol trust me. its hard to find good help. It is appreicated very much. I work on computers in my spare time. When it gets flustrating its nice to know someone will actually help. Sorry if i put my question in the wrong place. I will eventually learn the best place for them . I will learn so much more by reading the board. talk to you soon!

Thanks
Jazular :o
  • Shin
  • Born
  • Born
  • Shin

Post 3+ Months Ago

i am having the same problem but when i use belarc i dont no wut the sound card would be under and all it says on the card is FULLCOM kinda imprinted into the metal this is very nerve wrecking and was wondering if any could help

wut happened was i factory restored my comp but took the product key for windows xp off my tower months ago making one of the biggest mistakes of my life so i went out bought a new xp installed it got my graphics card drivers done but i cant seem to find out wut type of sound card i have so i dont no wut drivers to look for
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Go to device manager and look under sound video and game controllers You should be able to find your soundcard there.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts