How a Bank store customers database?

• George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

i'm sposed to include this question in my previous post, however i forgot.

currently i have an assignment about building a website for a bank. I wonder how does a bank store their customers database?

i've searched google about it, nothing much i could find.

Puttng the own network aside, since it's not a typical way of measuring and only really rich company can do it , but if a bank stores its database thru a dedicated hosting, will it be secured ? EG. using MySQL ? / MsSQL/ Oracle.

I came to know that , i'd use SQL to store it, but not understanding applying into which type of database. or what brand.

Has it to do with intranet ? or something ? It has to be very secured.

Any info. please do,

My appreciation.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.oracle.com/technology/softwa ... index.html

Oracle provides a number of products for different operating systems. Of course, there are open source products as well.

As far as security is concerned, is the database going to be searchable through the website that you are building? If so, then it's not strictly intranet.

If I were you, I would hire some one to help you do the job and back charge the customer. It's too complicated if you haven't done it before. Even if you find some wiz kid somewhere and offer him $100. They will jump on the deal.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey Don, Thanks.

Oh, actually they already have a website , now is just integrating a new feature into it. Something like scan checks to allow users to deposit it at home. A previous software company is already been working with them, built their website, my assignment, Not Real, is to get them to work together , with the best possible costs and outcomes...also timeframe.

I just curious about this, and try to dig into it, and understand it so i can write a better scope for it.

Since i do write programs myself, I know it should be SQL structured query language, .. and could be any other database software . I just wonder if there was a specific type for the Bank.

thanks again !.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm sure different banks use different software but I can't say what they might be. I thought it was a real contract that you had which is why I said to hire someone to help.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

haha, hey Don sorry about that. didn't say it correctly.
my other post was locked. I dun wanna make any more story about it.

- just like my other assignment has come out , result is top three in the whole class of 104 students. We worked in group. Saddest thing was my team members really didn't know what's going on.. They didn;t do anything so i as the project manager did all by myself. it was hard. at least if they come up with points , then i can write my stuff. more and could have been the top scorer.

it was all about being in the correct group, and getting the right members to work i guess. See, they got into the college with bunch of friends , while i got in alone, making friends from india, yemen around the world. Man, they can't communicate well in english. This is a barrier. I have to go one-man show for the whole years i think. omg,

thanks Don,
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, good luck.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts