How do i wathc my Video File

• Viva_La_bAM
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Viva_La_bAM

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys, i was wondering if you could help me out with this stupid video i downloaded..

i've been after this footage for a very long while, and i was always having little previews of it whilst i was downloading it.. the other day my download was finished and i was very excited to watch this movie..

BUT when i go to play it.. Windows Media Player cannot play this file.. It said it didn't find the codec needed to view the file.
I was so disappointed, so i check that my DivX was up to date - everything was up to date - i tried using my DivX player, still doesn't work... and error message came up saying this

"Stream Source Filter Seek From Beginning (10252) out of read limit range 0 "

Im not to sure what exactly this means.. but i would be VERY grateful if some one new what codec i need to view this file..

• Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

If this is an avi file, what you can do is download g-spot http://www.headbands.com/gspot/, its a program that tells you if you have the appropriate codecs to watch an avi file. I've used it quite a lot when my avi files dont play. Give it a shot an it should tell you what codec you're missing. If its an mpeg or anything else, it could be a whole bunch of the other codecs your missing. If you download the latest version of Windows Media Player (10 I believe), it comes with most codecs installed.
  • Viva_La_bAM
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Viva_La_bAM

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey thanx ill tyr it :P

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts