Independent Hard Drive

• Champak
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is there a way to have two hard drives in a computer, and if one hard drive gets a virus or anything, it doesn't migrate over to the other hard drive?

Here is what I would like to put together. A computer with three internal hard drives (through one of those special HD ribbons). Two hard drives are going to have operating systems on them, so when someone boots up, they choose which HD/OS they want to use (OS1 or OS2), and that hard drive is used. From inside each HD/OS you will be unable to access the other HD. Now the third HD will only be able to be accessed by OS 1. I BELIEVE this is pretty much doable from just uninstalling the respective HD from inside Control Panel=>System=>Device Manager=>Disk Drive (let me know if I'm wrong), but I just don't know how viruses traverse between hard drives. Will a virus automatically hit all HD if one of them gets it because they are all on the same machine?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Depends on how powerfull of a virus it is. Some virus will jump your network. So a hard drive that is assesable to the computer could be easy attacked. The best way to stop it from jumping at all is to remove the drive from any info settings. Basicly with your motherboard bios. This way the OS cant access it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts