Installed New x1800xt?

• Underdog54
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Underdog54

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hope this is the right threed for this question?

I just installed my new graphics card and all seemed to go well. Then when I started up battlefield 2 I can not connect to the server. Accually the first time I tried I was able to connect then now every time after I put my password in I never get past where it says connecting to server?

Can anyone help please. Did I do something wrong this was my first go around with installing any hardware but it seemed to be rather easy.
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

installing hardware such as a video card should not cause conflicts with the network connection. do you have a firewall running that might be conflicting with bf2 trying to connect to the intarweb?

all i can think of on the hardware end is that your video card is drawing too much power and none of it is going to your lan port. do you have internet at all? or is it just bf2 bugging out?

its a relatively bugtasitc game and the fact that this problem has only occured after the installation of the vid card could be purely coincidental.
  • Underdog54
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Underdog54

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am just uninstalled and reinstalled the game and all is well. WOW what a diff. Accually the biggest diff was with the game FEAR. OMG is like a whole ohter game with a good card. I just can't believe it. Although I am having small problems with some kind of glicthes like momentalrly freezing but WOW the graphics are astonishing. WOW.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts