Installing Memory on HP M7060n

• sigpro552
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • sigpro552

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've posted here earlier, and I really appreciated all of the feedback everyone gave me in the past. Unfortunately, I have another noob question to ask.

After turning my m7060n into a bit of a monster, I bought some more memory; 1GB DDR2 just wasn't cutting it any more. My friend put the new mobo in, as well as the PS and video card. Unfortunately, the board is a mirco ATX, and everything within the case is rather tight. I know how to install the memory (a rather simple procedure) but unfortunately, I cannot physically get to the slots on the board.

One of the features of the m7060n is the 'Personal Media Bay Drive,' a total piece of crap. The housing for this drive is in the way of getting at the motherboard, and my hard drive is attached to the welded frame of the bay drive. I have no idea how to remove this as it is attached to the tower, and the right side (opposite the normal access panel) seems to be integral to the rest of the case as well.

Here's a picture, and if anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate it.

Edit: Before you ask, yes I have tried removing the screws in the media bay drive housing :icontongue:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's HP for you. How did your friend get the mother board in there? The only thing I can think of is to get another case and transfer everything.
  • sigpro552
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • sigpro552

Post 3+ Months Ago

I thought the same thing. However, to swap everything to a new case, I would need to get the mobo out. If I can do that, I can just put new memory in. Also, aside from the case being excessively claustrophobic, the all steel case dissipates heat well, and I love the integrated media card reader.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know what other options there are. Is that welded bay just held by spot welds?
  • sigpro552
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • sigpro552

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here is a picture of the right (opposite access panel) side of the tower.

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your pictures are good but it's still hard for me to tell. If the bay is welded in spots and not along the entire edge, then you may be able to cut the spot welds, remove the bay and replace it with something else.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts