ive got an iso image but no disk to put it on

• Viper8896
  • Viper8896

Post 3+ Months Ago

how can i boot a dvd iso image if i dont have any dvds. is it possible to somehow make the computer think its booting off a dvd when it is just booting the iso file with some sort of emulator? is it possible to do this with grub?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Mav06
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Mav06

Post 3+ Months Ago

//removed -- we don't support cracks here. Please don't post anything like this again Mav06 or you will risk being banned from posting at OZZU.
  • Padawan
  • Loc: London

Post 3+ Months Ago

Or you could use Daemon tools - http://www.daemon-tools.cc which does the same thing and is NOT a trial version or limited use in any way..... and it's free too :D
  • Viper8896
  • Viper8896

Post 3+ Months Ago

thnks alot and the image is a bootble installation image so i wont be runing from windows. is this still ok?
  • Mav06
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Mav06

Post 3+ Months Ago

You mean by bootable like operations system on it. lol and it should be just fine becuase iso is just a copy of the orginal disk so yes it should be alright.
  • Xel02
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Xel02

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually if your trying to boot off this DVD it most definitely will not work. This is because an existing operating system has to run the program that mounts the DVD image if it's not burned to disk.

You might be able to boot it off Grub. It would require editing the configuration file. I'll look into it, but it would be best to know what your trying to boot.

Edit. Looked into it, and I don't think it'll work. The Grub site has a demo configuration for a floppy with an existing kernel in it and I can see that working. But I can't think of any way to boot off a DVD image on an exiting drive. Frankly I belive it's quite impossible to do it easily.

Good luck.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts