PC keeps beeping, oh what should I do?

• Beckie-La-La
  • Born
  • Born
  • Beckie-La-La
  • Loc: Western Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey my name is beckie, and i have a major problem i just dont know how to fix.

My computer is making insessent Beeping noises! even when i trun the speakers down i can hear it coming from the tower. its beeping ALL THE TIME "beep beep beep".

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

So if you can tell me what i can do to fix it, i will LOVE you forever!!!! its driving me CRAZY!!!!

BECKIE
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Open the tower.
Find the little speaker inside.
Find where the wire(s) that connect to the speaker also connect to a circuit board.
Unplug it from the circuit board.
It shouldn't beep anymore.
Hopefully you read through theese instructions before trying this & got to this very important part which is making sure you unplug it before opening it.
It's not going to fix whatever is making it beep, but it won't beep anymore. :D
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

that usually means your computer is in trouble and wants you to pay attention to it. its kind of like a whining child. when my computer beed incessantly, it was because it was set to beep whenever the cpu temp got over 60Âșc. maybe the computer has a heating problem?
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

check the fans, see if they are running and see if they are clean(dust free)
  • gommer683
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • gommer683

Post 3+ Months Ago

On the overheating issue, double check to make sure your tower isn't sitting directly on the carpet you need some air flowing underneathe your tower.
  • Albert_chu
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Albert_chu

Post 3+ Months Ago

usually computer towers that jsut beep non stop ahve an internal thermometer that checks your computers heat level. usually when it passes a certain degree, the computer beeps to let u know its over heating.. if your fans are working and it doesnt seem to be overheating at all, instead of disconnecting the beep speaker in your tower, just pull of the thermometer cables off your HD, Motherboard and CPU..problem solved.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

*sighs. OK, great temporary solutions provided, but none solve the problem. Just work-a-rounds. Beckie you need to listen closely to the pattern of the beeps. You also need to know the manufacturer of your computer's BIOS. It usually displays when you first boot but if you don't see it you can download PCWizard 2006 and find out exactly what BIOS you have. Then look up the beep error codes for the BIOS manufacturer. The pattern of beeps should help you narrow down the root cause of the problem.
  • 2sog
  • Born
  • Born
  • 2sog

Post 3+ Months Ago

*sighs. OK, great temp solution provided by ^ but just like everyone said " ITS

AN OVERHEATING PROBLEM." Open the tower up ( the box) and you will see a

fan on top of the CPU/MOTHERBOARD ( the flat board screwed to the box). The fan is clogged up with dust and so is everything under that. Clean out all the dust going down to the CPU. You will be surprised how much dust you have.
And try to wear and ESD strap. be safe.
CLEAN IT!
  • 2sog
  • Born
  • Born
  • 2sog

Post 3+ Months Ago

ooasoops! i think im a couple years and moon lights away. .....sighs
gtg
  • cutermidget
  • Born
  • Born
  • cutermidget

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have the a similar problem but it will beep but not turn on! I also need help, its not the heating.
  • DESROYER
  • Born
  • Born
  • DESROYER
  • Loc: philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

the beep you are hearing in your computer are alerts for you to know what would be the problem is, there are long beeps continuous long beeps and continuous short beeps or combination of short and long beeps always take note of the beeps of your computer so that you can know what would be the problem is....

You should be afraid if you can't hear any beeps and your computer is not working properly it would mean a greater problem for you

advice....
never pull the speaker off from your system...

thanks
  • Bgnn32
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Bgnn32
  • Loc: Western Mass

Post 3+ Months Ago

If it is beeping while the computer is running correctly then it isn't a BIOS beep code, you will only get a beep code during POST.

This beeping is most likely a heat problem, clean the computer, it probably has dust clogging the fans and heat sinks. Can a can of compressed air and go to town.

Cuttermidget, your problem is a beep code, do as was said above and note the manufacturer of the BIOS and the pattern of the beep, then post it here.
  • netrider7880
  • Student
  • Student
  • netrider7880

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi you know even i faced the same issue.then i came to know that my ram was not seated properly.so i opened the tower and reseated my Rams.problem solved.even there may be beep sound due to computer heat.so first step check your rams and next step cool your computer by cleaning the fans.bye
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can't believe that two years later my first thought was the exact same thing I posted two years ago without even remembering this thread. :D
  • Bgnn32
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Bgnn32

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yea that is on par with the rest of your advice, ignore the problem.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does anyone besides Joebert realize this is a 2.5 year old post that the people who had this problem are never going to come around to look at these replies?
  • Bgnn32
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Bgnn32

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wasn't aware at first.
  • Draco1965
  • Born
  • Born
  • Draco1965

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have the same problem, but my computer work correctly and beeps 5 shorts beeps every 2 minutes or so. plays games and everything.

[beeped during that last sintence.]

there are websites that will list the beep codes that are <I think> universal. just search Beep Codes. Not allowed to provide links, but probly wouldn't last for years anyway--maybe.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts