Laptop batteries

• donald
  • donald
  • Loc: indianapolis, IN

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have new batteries for my Compaq Presario laptop. the battries are not being detected by the operating system. can anyone tell me how to get windows to detect the battries? :?:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• rjstephens
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

what windows version is it?

9 times out of ten windows will detect the batteries and give info about them.

If not you might have to install drivers off a floppy that came with the laptop.

Also, check to make sure APM is enabled in both the bios and windows
  • donald
  • donald
  • Loc: indianapolis, IN

Post 3+ Months Ago

:roll: im using WindowsXP Home Edition. thanks for the tips. but how do i access the bios window?
  • SecureITGroup
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not sure about Campaq but it might be F10 F2 delete or escape what ever key it is bress it right when the computer is turned onoh ya i just found this web page http://www.techadvice.com/tech/B/BIOS_Enter.htm
  • btsher
  • Born
  • Born
  • btsher

Post 3+ Months Ago

If the above suggestions don' t work, you can try BIOS updating, new batteries sometimes are not recognized by old BIOS. More battery tips, please read http://ebuybatteries.com/company/battery_faq.htm#battery_questions.
  • Sheepdip
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Castle Anthrax

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just a quick FYI... In my experience, not all non-OEM batteries work in laptops. For example, if you purchase a generic battery off of eBay, it will not always work in your system. For best results, always buy OEM batteries or batteries from a known battery source (like APC or Energizer).

If this isn't the case, that's ok... I just thought that you would want to know.
  • rjstephens
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

this topic just reinforces my view that all topics older than a certain date should be locked.

This thread was so old and dead. This should never have been brought back to life. This thread died six months ago. Why can't it just R.I.P.?

(By the way, I'm aware that I am not helping the situation)
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki
  • Loc: Edinburgh

Post 3+ Months Ago

rjstephens wrote:
this topic just reinforces my view that all topics older than a certain date should be locked.

This thread was so old and dead. This should never have been brought back to life. This thread died six months ago. Why can't it just R.I.P.?

(By the way, I'm aware that I am not helping the situation)

On other forums once a topic has been resolved its marked as resolved. Perhaps you could edit the name of this topic to show that it is no longer an issue.

I.E

[ RESOLVED ] Laptop Batteries
  • rjstephens
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you look at the complete list of posts from the guy who started the topic, you will notice that his most recent post was more than 8 months ago.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts