Laptop Battery Power

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

The other month i bought a Packard Bell Easynote Laptop computer and quite often when i turn the machine on after switching from different sockets in the wall the screen willl appear really dull as if there is no power being put into the computer and its running on Batter power.

I know this isnt using batter power as i have had it on for up to 24 hours at a time with it not requiring charged. I am concerned that the power pack i got with it might be faulty hence why its not as bright as it should be sometimes.

I dont really know what could be wrong. If anyone might know i would be greatful for any comments. Thanks in advance!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anyone?

Its a bit annoying as its almost impossible to see whats on the screen.

For your information, its nothing to do with screen brightness settings. I believe it has something to do with the power to the machine. Is there somewhere i can check to see whether power is connecting properly?

I left the machine off for 24 hours since my original post and its still dull. It is a bit annoying and concering considering it was only bought just under 2 months ago.
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

can we get a model number?
maybe the screen is not bright at production

a model number could help in tracing a new battery and possibly shedding light on the performance of the screen.
  • amysquie
  • Born
  • Born
  • amysquie

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a Packard Bell easynote E2 series and have the same problem. It's quite tempermental, some days the screen is as bright as ever but after the battery has run out and the screen has dimmed it often doesn't go back for weeks even when charged up again. Is there a setting somewhere where you can choose to not have the screen go dim when on battery power in the first place? It's really irritating.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know the feeling Amy. My computer hasnt been like that for months now, i explained why i believe that was in that PM i sent you.
  • xfahmix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Cork, Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have used Fujitsu laptop before and the same thing happened to my laptop when the battery is low. It's common thing and i believe this is automatically setup either OS or hardware setup, i have no idea.
  • amysquie
  • Born
  • Born
  • amysquie

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your help guys seems like a bit of a lost cause! Had this laptop a year now and it still does it. SB, I never got your pm. :(
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

You didnt? oh right, i will send you another one. I think my computer was playing up at the time of sending it.
  • Bgnn32
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Bgnn32
  • Loc: Western Mass

Post 3+ Months Ago

Packard Bell is still around?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts