Laptop Moniter going bad

• 5N4K3
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Image of moniter http://ethereal-labs.com/images/IMG_1125.JPG

I'm using a Toshiba Satellite P35-609 and honestly I love it. I have put it through hell, took it to Iraq, left it on for hours .. days ..months.

I purchased it in DEC 2004 and I started seeing the first line appear at about the beginning of JAN 2006.
I've been noticing an additional line appear about every month.
And really they seem to be comming faster and faster.
I did have my laptop shutdown several times recently.
I disassembled it and found that where the air intake fans meet the metal air exaust lines [not sure what they are called] were full of dirt and pretty much fully limiting air flow.
That has been cleaned, but I am still receiving more lines on my monitor .. and I'm expecting it to be unusable within a year or so.

What is causing this and can i stop it? I don't mind it as it is too awfully much right now, even if it does hurt my graphic designing quite a bit ...

Thanks ^^
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Albert_chu
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Albert_chu

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow..i dont know how you could cope with that. id probably end up getting really annoyed..it doesnt seem that there is anything to do about it..have you tried resetting the monitor? on a laptop..thats usually done through your graphics card settings. however it seems a bit more of a hardware problem than anything..try take it into a shop and see what they can do..
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

ya you just have bad pixles(i would say) get a new screen.
  • 5N4K3
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the replys Albert_chu and CowKiller! I figured i was pretty much out of luck with this moniter, but curious why it happened. I'll deal w/ it for awhile I think, then ether attach a moniter to it or install it into my car or something.

Later
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

lcd is so tuchy... it is like glass only anything like a shake or a bump can mess them up... or tuching or just bad hardware...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts