Laptop Possesed by Satan

• Sapphire
  • Born
  • Born
  • Sapphire

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've got a HP N5340 Laptop that is acting very oddly. When I start it up it makes three very loud beeps, followed by three quieter beeps. Ususally it will not start, but sometimes it starts fine and loads the OS (WinME unfortunately). However when it does load the OS usually some sort of strange graphics glitch will occur after a moment, anything from strange trails following the mouse and distorting the desktop to randomly placed and randomly blinking ascii characters all over the screen. I couldn't find anything about the beep codes on HP's site or anywhere else, so perhaps someone can help me here.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

What brand of BIOS does the laptop have? Try looking up POST codes based on that rather than the manufacture of the computer. That being said, 3 beeps is usually some sort of memory error. If the memory module is easily accessed, try reseating it. That might also explain the intermittence of the problem. It might just barely be making contact and sometimes gets knocked unconnected.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

*calls up the exorcist* :-D. I don't know the beep codes, but I agree that you need to search by mobo/bios brand, since HP would more then likely want you to send in the laptop for service. (basically restating what lucas said, I ust wanted to call the exorcist).

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts