Laptop Screen Problem

• ozzyosb100
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know someone whose laptop screen goes blank after a few minutes of running it. If connected to an external monitor, the image is there. If the laptop is closed and the screen is off for a while the image will come back for a few mintues before doing blank again. I think its just a damages LCD screen, anyone ever had this happen or might know what this is? can you confirm my suspicion or could it be something else?

thanks
-Ozzyosb100
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is the laptop screen set to turn off to save power? I only have one laptop and it was set to shut the screen after 20 minutes of inactivity.
I would check that setting first.
  • ozzyosb100
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

No its not set to turn off, it would normally turn back on if you did something, it doesn't do that, and it usually lasts about as long as it takes too boot windows... maybe you'll be lucky to see your desktop for 2 or 3 minutes, then all of a sudden while you're working on it it goes black, as in its turned off black... not just black color on the screen
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, it could be oeverheating for some reason. That's the only thing I can think of.
  • Thayk
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Durianburg, Philippines. Spent time in South Pole

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think you have to cosult a service center for that. no amount of wild guessing can help if its a hardware problem....
  • VoLiTiVo
  • Born
  • Born
  • VoLiTiVo
  • Loc: lebanon

Post 3+ Months Ago

look man a laptop screen consists of 2 primary cables,the first one is the flat cable that gives the signal to the screen and the second one is the cable that gives power to the back light of the sreen you might want to check, when the screen goes black get a flash light and light up the screen and see if you can see the picture, if so then the back light of your sreen is damaged if no check the signal cable(flat cable) if the problem persists then check the connection of the screen cable in the mother board area be sure to use [contact 90] to remove any metal dirt. after cleaning the cable slots reinstalle the cable and all should work.last case:you have a chance of 95% for this to work other wise try swaping your screen with a freind and see if it works[be sure to see the flat cable connection before]

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts