LCD monitor shakes the screen invariably

• malik641
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Sunny South Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

I've got a DCLCD 19" monitor and it was working beautifully when I first got it (in April)...but now, no matter what refresh rate I set it to, it like shakes the screen invariably....and I gotta tell ya, it's really annoying.

It happens more often when I interact with any application, rather than when I let it idle. It still does it when I'm not doing anything, just not as much.

Is this a hardware problem? Or are there other things I can check / do before I send it back for replacement (still under warranty)?

TIA,
Joseph
  • malik641
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Update - One thing that fixed it for a little bit was completely removing the "D-Sub" cable and reinstalling it. It is working better now, but it still happens sometimes.

Any ideas, anybody?
  • avalanchez71
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • avalanchez71

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've seen this once with a monitor from Princeton, the only solution was a factory repair. Wish I had better news for ya.
  • malik641
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the reply...I've got the monitor to stop acting like this if I mess with the VGA cable. It will stay fine for a while and then it will slowly go back to what it was doing. I'm going to buy another cable and see if that fixes the problem.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts