Lexmark X1170 printer Spooler.. How do i Fix it

• Viva_La_bAM
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Viva_La_bAM

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey again guys, umm i dont know why but every now and then my Lexmark X1170 printer keeps playing up.. Its always prompting me saying that something is up with my "spooler" i mean i dont know what it is.. so i dont know how to fix it myself.. if anyone knows how to fix this problem please help me out.. thank you so much :P

( i have heaps of work i need to print off )
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

A late reply but, make sure your spooler services have started. The spooler just queues up files into memory and then prints them in order. To check the status, (WinXP) go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services and in the new window on the right panel, scroll down to Print Spooler and make sure the status is Started and Startup Type is Automatic. If its not, right click and select the options to do so.
  • booboo
  • Born
  • Born
  • booboo

Post 3+ Months Ago

'Administrative Tools -> Services and in the new window on the right panel, scroll down to Print Spooler and make sure the status is Started and Startup Type is Automatic. If its not, right click and select the options to do so.

What if an error messagee : error 1068 The Dependency service or group failed to start.

???

Thanks for any help!
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

booboo wrote:
What if an error messagee : error 1068 The Dependency service or group failed to start.

From what I've researched into that error, it usually occurs when you uninstall a Lexmark printer. Lexmark doesnt remove its entry in the registry so you have to manually remove it yourself. I'll give you the instructions exactly as what worked for other people.

Quote:
IMPORTANT: This fix contains information about modifying the registry. Before you modify the registry, make sure to back it up and make sure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For information about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;256986):

Click on Start -> run then type regedit into the command prompt.
Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Spooler registry subkey and find an entry with the name DEPENDSonService. Backup this entry so you can restore it if other problems arise. After backing it up, delete the entry (value). Restart the machine and all should be well.
  • booboo
  • Born
  • Born
  • booboo

Post 3+ Months Ago

still no printer....
I contacted Lexmark service and since my printer is not being recognized by my pc, they said there was nothing else that they could do for me.
They recommended that I contact my pc maker.
All of my usb ports are working for my other hardware so I don't think this is where the problem lays. Grrrrr
  • booboo
  • Born
  • Born
  • booboo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Update:

I tried my usb port in the front of my pc and all seemed to be going well until I got this error message.

The Specified print moniter is unknown.

?????

What a pain. I may just start shopping for a new printer. :roll:
  • booboo
  • Born
  • Born
  • booboo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, got my spooler running correctly. Now I am getting this error message.

An error occured during installation. The Specified Module could not be found.

:(
Thanks for any help
  • dkeates
  • Born
  • Born
  • dkeates

Post 3+ Months Ago

Guys,
I have recently had an identical problem with my 1130 Lexmark, I followed all the recomendation made over this thread, and came to the same point where I got the 'The Specified print moniter is unknown' message. I researched this and it appeared to be something to do with language field in the .inf files which I removed and the install happily chugged away. However I finally have the printer installed, but anything sent to the queue just sits there, if I try to interogate the printer, or ask for it to calibrate, it says it isn't connected, and it really really is, I've changed leads etc.
Any ideas? :roll:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts