lighting rant

• lemiwinks1
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: out of my mind:its dark and scary in there

Post 3+ Months Ago

why is it that almost every manufacturer out there thinks that those of us who want to light our case want blue lights. i mean as cool as blue LEDs may be i cant stand them. i want to get a lighted power supply just because i dont want to void my warranty or mess anything up, or even electrocute me from the stored charge from accidentally touching a component. but the only red lighted unit that i can find doesnt have a single rating above 3 stars, and in a psu im not to particularly eager to trust my entire system to one that no one can say much good about. another thing is cpu coolers, im not talking about coolers with removable fans since they can be switched out and i usually change them out anyways. but coolers like zalman offers that the fan is an integrated unreplacable component of the unit (and i very well may be wrong about this so if anyone knows how to replace the fan on a zalman cooler please let me know how) another thing is cases themselves, the ones that have LEDs outside of the case, imho i shouldnt be stuck with blue LED accents when my case has all red fans, i believe that manufactures should at least give us the option to choose the color of the lighting when we spend 80+ dollars on a case. and i dont have to big of a problem with it because of the simple fact that i have the tools and know how to replace them but not everyone does
  • deathblade
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: u.k

Post 3+ Months Ago

most people like blue lol and as for the red psu it might be the same or better then the blue ones just that not many people but them so no one to comment lol
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Personally, I think putting lights on your PC is dumb. It's a PC not a show car.
  • deathblade
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

i don't know i like colored fans in my comp, just makes a change lol and does look good in the dark :)
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a friend who has green and yellow LED's throughout his case. It looks pretty nifty.
  • deathblade
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

it it really does is makes it glow a colour, doesnt make it cooler (temp) or goes faster. it;s really all to do with what you want you comp to look like
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

When I'm using my computer, I'm usually looking at the display, not the side of my case. Also, my computer is in the room I sleep in. I wouldn't want those LED's lighting the place up at night--those things are bright.
  • lemiwinks1
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: out of my mind:its dark and scary in there

Post 3+ Months Ago

see my thing is i go to alot of lanparties and one of the things i like is having a unique machine. i understand that there is absolutely no performance boost because my machine looks spiffy but at the same time i dont want to have a fugly beige machine with a ton of scuffs and a double helping of ugly. i like my stuff to look nice as well as be nice. im not one of those who have 50 thousand lights and more money in my effects and such than the computer itself. i do believe that you can make a system just straight unatractive by the overkill factor. but i have a few fans and a clear window and i dont want my red fans to be completly thrown off by a blue front pannel.

another thing is that the blue lights are brighter than they need to be. red lighting is far less intense and happens to just light the case and an inch of the floor. i can also turn the lights off on my case if i want to but i dont really have a need to since i sleep during the day and the sun kinda blocks out my case lighting

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts