Linksys BEFSR41

• ImmortalDuck
  • Student
  • Student
  • ImmortalDuck

Post 3+ Months Ago

So I purchased a Linksys BEFSR41, and installed it on this computer and everything. This computer works great, and my other one upstairs connected too, until I formatted it. Now that one can't connect, and I don't know how I got it online last time.

I've tried resetting the router and modem, rewiring it all, etc. How can I get the other computer online via the router?

P.S. Both computers are Windows XP, if that matters.

Thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

you usually have to go through the setup disk again. When you pop the disk in, you will have to set up the network again.
  • ImmortalDuck
  • Student
  • Student
  • ImmortalDuck

Post 3+ Months Ago

On the other computer? When I pop it in and start it up, it does an internet connection check, and since it's not connected, it'll say to connect/cancel.
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

sorry for that post. it could have possibly been the worst worded post ive ever written.

no what i meant it this.

if you mean that you formatted the comptuer which the router was attached to in the first place, then follow these instructions:

- set up the computer so that it is directly patched into the cable modem. make sure you have an internet connection.
- place the setup disk in the cd-drive and follow the instrcutions to setup the first computer

if you meant that the computer that was wireless and taking a signal from the router was formatted, then follow these isntructions:

-insert the router setup disk into the cd-drive, and select the "setup additional computers" option

hope this helped a bit more than my previous post.
  • ImmortalDuck
  • Student
  • Student
  • ImmortalDuck

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a wired router, and I meant that the other computer that takes the signal from the router is the one that doesn't work, and the cd doesn't have an option to set up additional computers.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts