Linksys Router

• ilyawizard
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ilyawizard

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had this problem for awile. My internet connection goes off. I found the problem, restarted router. But then again.... I restart router and it works. It keeps happening every couple of hours. All the time I have to restart my router (I mean I press reset button). Anyone has ideas what might be wrong here? Weird, I've never had this problem before. Windows says that it cannot find internet connection, but it sees the router. When I press reset, then connection appears.
  • lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

Look at the TOS for your ISP. There are some that specifically say you may not have more than one piece of network hardware connected to their service per IP. That way they can sell you several IPs - one for each computer!

Your ISP might be realizing that the MAC address connected to your modem is a router, so they drop your lease. Resetting your router will get another DHCP lease, only to be dropped again.
  • Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge
  • Loc: nashua nh

Post 3+ Months Ago

try unplugging both ur router and modem ( The power cord on both ) for 10 seconds then restart all of the pc's and see if that work ....... that usually solves most problems
  • bigcheeez
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bigcheeez

Post 3+ Months Ago

Make sure your router has the latest firmware, and make sure you have the right version number.

Are you sure that simply power cycling the router won't get you back online? The reset button simply resets the router to factory defaults.
  • ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

If your router is a Linksys BEFSR11, get a new router. They do that when they get old. They have a tendency to get REALLY hot and after a year or so, the heat just wears them out and they lock up.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
If your router is a Linksys BEFSR11, get a new router.

LOL....true though. There are a lot of problems with that router. I think he is talking about wireless though....
  • Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge
  • Loc: nashua nh

Post 3+ Months Ago

my friend had a problem with a wireless adapter from linksys and they guy from linksys told him after 2 years or so our products become obsolete or non working and to just get a new one ..... its a pain in the A** but i guess thats what they say

its also true for my belkin wireless adapter and im guessing it could be the same for the router
  • Lefty
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: North Dakota, United States

Post 3+ Months Ago

Spock,
I curious, where did you read about the routers and that specific problem?
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know where he heard it, but we have one of those at work that likes to burn people. It has gone out a couple times and we sent it in to be replaced.
  • Kidshark
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Kidshark

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've got a linksys wireless router and it doesnt seem to want to be regonized by my PC....its rather annoying. All I'm trying to do is a simple wireless network between 2 computers for gods sake, oh well. :roll:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts