Linksys WRT54G networking problems

• in1quity
  • Born
  • Born
  • in1quity

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have seemed to ran into this problem with two different routers in the past week. I have a network setup with all computers having ips pre set in the network configuration. For some reason, my router seems to quit receiving DHCP. I try and do a release and renew in the router to obtain a new one but nothing. Are the routers really frying on me or is there something that I could be doing wrong?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try powercycling both the router and modem. Pull the plug on both. Plug modem in first and let it cycle through. Then do the same with the router. I have the exact same router and I have to do that from time to time. I don't know why it happens. It's random and infrequent so I never bothered to look into it. Recycling the power always seems to fix it.
  • rllunzmann
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • rllunzmann
  • Loc: Wisconsin

Post 3+ Months Ago

I too use the same router at home: Linksys WRT54G and every now and then i have to cyle the power on it and the modem.
  • rufnkz
  • Born
  • Born
  • rufnkz

Post 3+ Months Ago

Pre-version 5 was great but Version 5 and above has different software. Linksys is aware of the problems and often suggests to the people who complain to take it back and buy a different brand. Run away from this router.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts