Linsys Router - HELP

• DMarine
  • DMarine

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have two internet connections at my house...my moms business connection and just a regular home connection that me and my dad share. Well, my mom decided she would let me use her connection only for Xbox Live. Well, I started looking at her settings to see what kind of wireless settings she had, and I closed the browser without changning anything. But, to my surprise the router just stopped working on me! The internet connection died, and my IP changed to some really weird one. Is there anyway I can get the IP of the router and change some settings around to get it working again? I don't want to reset it, my mom will kill me if that happens.

I've tried IP scanning the weird IP it gave me, I could never find it. Both of my computers got different address like "216.84.65.192" and "216.94.21.68" (making up last 2 number holders). I would like to get this done ASAP, so somebody PLEASE HELP!
  • SearlNetwork
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Iowa City, IA

Post 3+ Months Ago

[quote=" Well, my mom decided she would let me use her connection only for Xbox Live. " [/quote]

Just get this right. you need to get the ip address working agian for xbox or a pc?
  • DMarine
  • DMarine

Post 3+ Months Ago

I need to get the IP of the router so I can see what happen (check the logs) and see if I maybe did configure something and didnt even know.
  • SearlNetwork
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

On your computer click on the network connection icon at the bottom right of your screen and then click the support tab. It should say what the Default gatway is. That should be the ip of your router.
  • DMarine
  • DMarine

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've already looked there, there is no Default Gateway. I get "the connection is limited or has no activity" error too.
  • SearlNetwork
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well then! Have you tried unpluging your router and pluging it back in? Do you know if the router is using it default ip (192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1) or did they get changed? It could be a posabilty that when login in to your router that that you may have disabiled the DHCP.

The only sure fire solution to this problem is to rest the router. I know that you said before that you don't want to do this. But if nothing else works this maybe the only solution.

I know what your going throuht. As this has happed to myself. I am running a Norton securty appliance.
  • DMarine
  • DMarine

Post 3+ Months Ago

The default IP has changed, I believe. I changed my computers IP to 192.168.0.25 up to 192.168.10.25 and scaned all the IPs on that range. So in easy terms, I scanned from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.10.254 and didnt find anything but my dads router and his computer.

I think the only thing to do is reset it like you said, but im trying to avoid that.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts