Looking for a cheap gaming desktop

• gmrams
  • Born
  • Born
  • gmrams

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im looking for a cheap gaming desktop similar to a Gateway DX4300-03. I fell in love with the amazing processor on this and the graphics card. The only problem is the price tag, i can only afford a max of 300 but if possible would like to go to about 250. Any suggestions? heres a list of the Gateway componates.

Unleash an entertainment powerhouse. The Gateway® DX4300-03 Desktop boasts AMD Phenom™ quad-core processing, 64-bit Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium SP1, 8GB of DDR2 memory, a huge 1 terabyte hard disk drive4, ATI Radeon™ HD 4650 graphics with 1GB discrete video memory, and an integrated TV tuner2. Our DX4300-03 gives you everything you need to watch and record TV, power through intensive multimedia apps, manage content, edit files—and create the incredible. Ports include 8 USB, 1 HDMI and 1 IEEE 1394a Firewire. Plus, you get our new-to-DX features: a photo frame button for slideshowing your favorite photos, a digital device holder for your camera or MP3 player, and a hook to organize rear-port cabling.

I dont really need the TV attachment thing so if that'll save me money it'll be better.

I also have an old Dell XPS 400 and I can wipe it and replace some hardware to upgrade it. Would this be cheaper and still have the same result?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• gmrams
  • Born
  • Born
  • gmrams

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anyone?
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

300 what? If your talking USD you wont find a computer like that for only $300
  • gmrams
  • Born
  • Born
  • gmrams

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah $300, how about under $450?
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, consider the fact that the processor alone retail is $160, you can do the math. you could probably find a mobo that can handle the processor for between $60-$80. The graphics card will put you way under at about $250. We haven't even gotten to HDD, ram, OS, or perifferals such as a monitor, keyboard, etc. Highly unlikely that you'll be able to find one for that cheap.

Why not go for the lower-end model here. It has just about everything you want except the graphix card and comes with 6GB ram instead of 8. However, it has a maximum capacity of 8GB so there is room for expansion when you have the budget to add more. It also has a PCI-E x16 slot which will allow you to add a graphix card when you can afford one. The only downfall is that it comes with a dual-core CPU instead of quad, but right now the quads are too expensive and underdeveloped in technology to be worth the money. IMO, quads don't output enough of a difference from dual-core to be worth as much as they are priced. With a price of $520 for the system it's not a bad deal.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

ibuypower seems to have the best deals for anyone that is looking to buy a pre built pc.

http://ibuypower.com/
  • navidimran
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • navidimran

Post 3+ Months Ago

Gaming PC's with ATI Graphics card are generally are on the lower side in terms of price.
  • Jabej
  • Born
  • Born
  • Jabej

Post 3+ Months Ago

For Gaming Purpose, The most important thing we need in our Desktop is Graphics and sound. And for best Graphics resolution you need to spend more money..

Jennifer Abej
Content Writer for Computron Distribution FZE

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts