Looking to set up a NOC display in our office.

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

We have 3 new Spectre 40" HDTV's that we plan to wall mount. We need to run the three off of one PC. Looking to find the most cost efficient way to set this up. Anyone know of a graphics card that has 3 HDMI outputs that can handle the three displays? Or suggest an alternative setup? Goal is we want one TV to display our service board, one to display local weather info / radar, and one to display local power outages. Just need to get the proper hardware.
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member
  • Loc: Conroe, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

well being that you are wanting 3 different screens on each moniter i would say a graphics card.

If you wanting to clone whats in your main screen that would be alot cheaper.

On the graphics card. what PCI slot are you running?
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

What's your budget? Based on what you're displaying, I'd just settle for multiple low-end video cards. Newegg has a few that have dual-HDMI out: http://bit.ly/Tk0fjL

They've also got one with 4 mini-HDMI: http://bit.ly/118l0Ev
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

i am sure there would have to be a Display hub of some description, if a straight duplication but as suggested above some multi port cards would work great. Just connect them to a dedicated server and control via remote desktop or something.

if full screen applications are needed could get some vmware running and each screen has it's own OS.

just thinking aloud.....
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Spork that Galaxy card is what I found as well and what I recommended along with an Alienware PC to support the card (power supply primarily) and liquid cooling, but my CEO decided he's going to go cheap and try to do it VGA. I'm like...dude....*sighs I'll stop trying and let him figure it out (that it isn't going to work that way) until he decides to do it the right way lol. I mean seriously, who buys HDTV's and wants to use an analog input? I wanna cry!
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alienware is way overpriced. You could build a rig for far cheaper to accomplish what you're trying to do. Liquid cooling is also unnecessary unless you're planning to do something ridiculous like play games on all 4 screens simultaneously.

VGA can do 1080p nowadays, but I agree, I don't see the point in purchasing those TVs just to send analog signals to them.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
Liquid cooling is also unnecessary unless you're planning to do something ridiculous like play games on all 4 screens simultaneously.

I play world of warcraft...need I say more? lol
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

At work?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

grinch2171 wrote: