*lost*

• christiantean
  • Loc: MO

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am trying to find a laptop that would fit my needs. I started REALLY wanting a laptop when I saw the laptop section in Best Buy's booklet they mailed to me. It says that as for memory, the more you have the less likely it will slow down when I have multiple applications.
I always have ALOT of applications open.

It also mentions the hard drive capacity, how much i can store on the computer. I have a TON of pictures, I have paint shop pro 7 and animation shop and i'm wanting to try editing video clips, and being able to burn them. Oh, and I'd like to watch dvds on the laptop!

The best laptop the booklet featured was a toshiba with 1024 MB and 120 GB. i was wondering if that was enough memory and hard drive capacity.... and if there are other laptops out there that are just as good/better.

I have NO CLUE how/where i could find a laptop with a ton of memory and hard drive capacity, and features a cd/dvd burner and i can watch dvds on.

Any suggestions?
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

It all depends on how much money you have to spend.

configure a laptop here:
http://www.voodoopc.com/system/quotekit ... uctID=1069

or here:
http://www.falcon-nw.com/fragbook2.asp
  • christiantean

Post 3+ Months Ago

At the moment, I'm not thinking about the price... I'm just trying to see what works!
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

With the specs that you want, you should consider price because it isn't going to be cheap.

But then again when I think lots of RAM, I am thinking 2 gigs or more and big hard drive is over 100 gigs. You may think differently.
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki
  • Loc: Edinburgh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alienware have a laptop called "Area51" ... its a monster of a Laptop, dual HDD's in RAID and enough RAM to keep NASA happy if you need it.

http://www.alienware.com
  • christiantean

Post 3+ Months Ago

okay, now, as for processor speed... how much MHz would be REQUIRED, and how much MHz would be ideal for a multi-tasking person like me?

the computer i have has 900MHz, and I was looking at a laptop with 2000MHz.... :?:
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

That would be fine. Some will say an Intel Processor with HyperThreading will greatly help in your multitasking.

Required MGhz for most operating systems are well below the average processor speed. So as long as it is a "newer" processor you should be fine as far as required specs.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts